on bended knee .

Entering my building after just spending time with my boys, I waved hello to the lady at the front desk who was talking with another resident. I walked passed them and the lobby on my way towards the elevator. Pressing the button I waited for it to open up. When it finally opened up, I was just about to step in when someone called for me, "Oh, Mr. Samuels," I looked over my shoulders to see that it was the lady at the front desk.

The resident who she had been talking to went on ahead and got into the elevator, "Before you go on up," she said beckoning for me. "Something came in for you a short while ago," she told me. I walked over towards her desk and I began to wonder what had come in for me. "The messenger told me to make sure that I handed it to you directly." She looked down at her drawer looking for it.

She pulled out a brown envelope and passed it to me. I looked at the sender on it, The DNA Testing Center of Miami. I held the envelope firmly knowing exactly what was in the envelope. It was the DNA testing results that held the answers to my future. It had been a tense few weeks since the birth of the twins, but we all remained positive.

Laila really surprised me the most by keeping calm. She told me that no matter what the results were that she'd stay by my side. A small smile appeared on my face. To know that my woman was going to be with me through thick and thin really made me happy. I know this shit is really hard to take in especially for her, but it really means a lot that she's willing to try to be there for me.

I snapped out of my deep thoughts and looked back at the lady, "How long ago did this come in?" I asked her.

She shook her head and shrugged, "About an hour ago," she confirmed. I looked down at the envelope again and nodded my head.

"Thank you," I told her as I backed away from the desk. I walked towards the elevator once again and pressed the button for it, shortly after the doors opened and I stepped in alone and pressed the button to my floor. As I rode up I kept looking at the envelope. It was just calling my name to open it. Finally not able to take the wait anymore I decided to tear it open.

I took out the papers on in it. Two staples were placed on the documents. I placed the envelope under my arm pits and began scanning the document. There were so many pages of information. Charts, glossary, and examples on how to read the results were provided for better understanding of the test results report. Getting aggravated with so many words and not being able to find what I really needed to know I flipped through the pages and skimmed through the chunks of paragraphs.

I stopped upon seeing the words, The paternity results statement. I read over the words quickly and saw Skye's name mentioned. Because I read it so fast I decided to reread the mini-paragraph lines over in my head to letting it register:

Jahbari Samuels is excluded as the father of Skye Morris. This means that Jahbari Samuels cannot be the father of Skye Morris because the analysis shows that they do not share a paternity relationship.

I nodded my head. Okay, that's one down. I flipped through the other packet for Jahmari's results. Finding the paternity results statement a little bit quicker this time. As I read the lines that were before my eyes a part of me saddened.

The results indicate that the alleged father, Jahbari Samuels is not the biological father of the child Jahmari Morris. This conclusion is based on the absence of two or more obligate paternal alleles in the alleged father, as indicated by a Paternity Index of 0.

I reread the first line and then dropping my hands to my side. I don't know why I reacted the way I did to finding out that Jahmari wasn't mine. Maybe it was because I was really looking forward to being a father to a son. And the thought that he wasn't mine just really broke my heart. Strange, I know. A son with Latoya? But, Latoya is not all that bad anymore.