brain FREEZE !

Seeing my shawty again was the best feeling. I haven't smile like this ever since before I learned of her. So being in her presence right now was really a good feeling. And I know I just met her a few short weeks ago, but I already felt like I knew her. Never knew I could love someone so hard like I loved her. When she saw me earlier she smiled and ran into my arms. It hurt my heart to see her with that cast on around her arm like that. But I got to admit that I'm still heartbroken that I had missed four of years of her life. But I was going to take Andrew's advice; I wasn't going to dwell on the past any longer. I was going to take care of my baby now.

When Laila called me up this morning saying that she wanted me to be there when she told Tarahji, I was a little upset that she still hadn't told her. It had been a week since the accident, so what was taking her so damn long to tell her. But I didn't argue with her or anything. I just agreed to it and told her that it was fine with me because I wanted to make sure she told her today. No more secrets and no more backing out.

"So, what are you getting?" I asked looking down at Tarahji. I asked even though I already knew, but I wanted to be sure if I had the right one. She looked like she was deep in thought as she looked up at the menu and squinting her eyes. I knew she couldn't read it, I don't know why she looked up there in the first place.

"I want that," she said pointing at what the little boy who had passed by us with his ice cream in hand. I raised my eyebrows at her.

"I thought you said you wanted the birthday cake remix." I asked reminding her.

She shook her head, "Nuh unh," she said. "I don't want that anymore. I want what he has." She told me.

"Are you sure?" I asked him.

She nodded her head and was just about to open her mouth to say something when Laila stopped her, "I don't think you're going to finish all of that." She said. "I usually don't feed her sweets. So, let's get something smaller." Laila said looking at the both of us. She was in a crotched position in front of Rahji. "Chose something else," She told her and immediately Rahji started to make faces. I knew she wasn't happy with what her mother was telling her to do.

Tears threatened to fall from her eyes, "Please, mommy." Watching her almost tear up broke my heart. I hated seeing her cry and made mental note that I would never hurt or make her cry. "I promise I will eat it all."

"No," she told her. "You're not—"

I cut her off, "Let her have what she wants." I said pleading with her. You can say that Tarahji's cry and soft small hazel eyes had an effect on me. "Please," I begged. "Let her have whatever she wants." I said. And besides you know what we have to talk to her about, I told her with my eyes.

She looked away, huffed and raised her hands up in the air, "Fine." She said surrendering. "But, you're surely going to wish you hadn't." she told me. I smiled and together Tarahji and I celebrated. Whatever my baby wants she gets. We moved up in the line and I ordered for both Tarahji and me. Laila ordered herself the Chocolate Devotion. We got our stuff and walked over towards an empty table which was near a window.

We sat down and Tarahji didn't waste any time and started eating. I watched as she licked and swallowed a mouthful of ice cream. I chuckled, "Slow down," I told her. "You don't want to have brain freeze." I said reminding her. She smiled and slowed down, "So, how old are you?" I asked even though I already knew.

"Four," she said licking the back of the silver spoon. "But, I'm a big girl."

I nodded my head in agreement, "Yes, you are." I told her. I took another spoonful of the cold substance. "So, where is your daddy?" I asked her. Even though I didn't really get the real story on how Laila had told her about me, I still wanted to hear her tell me.