Strangers

Laila Pov

I sat down on the couch and motioned for Rahji to sit in between my thighs. I flipped on the television to Disney Channel because I knew if I didn't she'd be complaining while I did her hair. And it looked like I was right on time because they were going to show that new Phineas and Ferb movie that premiered last friday but we missed it.

"Okay, mama," I said once she was positioned conformably on the couch in between my thighs. "How do you want mommy to do your hair for the rest of the week?" I asked her. "Do you want braids or twists or barrettes?" I asked giving her options.

I watched as she looked up at the ceiling thinking long and hard on her answer. "Um, I want braids in boxes and beads." She told me. I smiled shaking my head.

"Uh," I started to object. "How about we just do something simple? Like maybe the twists in boxes and barrettes?" I asked. She nodded her head.

"Oh, okay mommy." She told me sounding a little disappointed and really wanted the beads in her hair but I didn't really feel like doing all of that tonight. With the twists I can do them kind of fat and just attached the plastic barrette and be done in twenty minutes or less.

"So, how do you like your daddy?" I asked a few minutes later now twisting my third twist. She turned away from the television to answer my question. She had a smile on her face.

"I love daddy," she told me.

I smiled, "Yeah?" "I asked her.

"Uh huh," she said nodding her head. "We had lots of fun yesterday after you left." She told me.

I raised my eyebrows, "Is that right?" I asked.

"Yeah, mommy." She said. "We had tons of fun."

"So much fun that you didn't miss mommy to call me?" I asked her.

"No, mommy," she shook her head. "I did miss you. I wished you were there too." She told me. I smiled shaking my head.Little girl know damn well she wasn't even thinking of me. She was having way too much fun with her daddy to worry if mommy was okay.

"So what did you guys do? Where did daddy take you?" I asked her.

"Um, we went to the zoo and I saw all of the animals—like monkeys and bears and birds too." She answered my question, "I think they're called parrots." She added and I nodded my head. "It was so much fun. And then after that we came back home and watched Sponge Bob and Dora and then daddy played with me and tickled me." She told me.

I smiled nodding my head, "Sounds like you had a lot of fun." I told her.

She nodded her head, "Yes, I did mommy." She said agreeing with me. "So, is daddy going to bring me to school tomorrow?" she asked me.

"Why?" I asked her as I placed a barrette on the twist.

She shrugged her shoulders, "I just want daddy to bring me to school that's all." She told me. I frowned but decided to drop it.

"Yeah," I replied. "Both daddy and me are bringing you to school." I told her matter of fact. I didn't want her to think it was just going to be only him bringing her to school tomorrow.

"YAY!" she screamed excited. "I can't wait to see daddy tomorrow." She said and I smiled and resumed twisting while she continued to watch the movie. And after I finished the doing her hair we laid together on the coach watching the movie, but twenty minutes before the movie went off she dozed off. I watched the remainder of the movie and then flicking off the television and picking her up from our spot and carrying her towards my room to call it a night.