the cons similarities .

I rolled over on the bed and instantly regretting doing so because now I felt a piercing on my belly. I sighed as I pushed back the covers on the bed looking for whatever that had just pierced me. When I saw that it was just one of Tarahji's toys, I shook my head and threw it across the room. I don't know how many times I've got to tell that little girl that she was not to bring any toys into my room.

I looked next to me knowing that her little body might've made its way to my bed in the middle of the night; it was habit she'd developed when she was younger whenever she couldn't sleep. But as my eyes landed on the empty space next to me I immediately remembered that she wasn't here, she was with her daddy. I sighed missing her.

My baby took it well when I told her about her father, way better than I expected. But the one thing that I knew she was going to do was ask questions. I smiled. It felt so good to see her happy, she—we've been waiting for this moment for a long time and finally it's happening. She can now have that missing piece—love from her father that she's been missing for so long. She didn't just have to only depend on me anymore... she had him also.

I hadn't meant to spend the entire night after Jay and I told her the truth. I was actually going to just drop off her things and leave right afterwards. But he started asking questions about her and well I just answered. I couldn't refuse him answers about his daughter, especially the ones that were important like her birthday and full name. But as seconds turned minutes and then turned to hours I started to tell him everything; my pregnancy, the birth, raising her—everything from A through Z.

Yesterday morning I had planned on leaving after she woke up not really wanting to intrude anymore then I already had, somehow I was persuaded by Rahji to stay and have breakfast with them. I only accepted because I knew that it meant a lot to her, to have her parent to both be in the same room with her eating breakfast would mean a lot to her.

So I went home freshened up and went back to his place. I knocked on the door and he hollered, "Come in," I frowned. I didn't like him leaving his front door open like that, even if it was left open for me. My baby needed to be protected at all times. It's no saying what crazy people could come in at any time and try to do something to hurt her.

I opened the door and entered to see them sitting in the living room watching television and still in their pajamas. I shook my head as I plopped down next to them on the couch, "Isis did you brush your teeth?" I asked her. She looked away from the television screen to look at me.

"Yeah, mama," she told me.

"Good," I told her as I looked at the television screen. A few minutes passed by without any exchange of words from neither the three of us nor any movements. "So are you guys gonna get ready?" I asked deciding to break the silence. "Because I'm starving," I said as I rubbed my stomach. "Or are you going to make breakfast?" I asked him.

He looked at me, "We waiting on you to go make breakfast?" I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Are you serious?" I asked him. "You expect me to make breakfast for ya'll when you guys were the main ones begging me to stay for breakfast?" The both of them both nodded their heads. These two got me messed up; I thought standing up from the couch and making my way towards the door. "I ain't making sh—" I caught myself before finishing my sentence. "Anything," I said quickly saving myself a buck. "And besides you know how to cook Jay," I added.

"But, we want you to make it mommy," Rahji said whining and now standing up. "Daddy doesn't know how I like to eat my pancakes. Mommy please... please make breakfast for us. Teach daddy how to make it so next time he can make it for me." She told me. I sighed looking at the both of them and throwing my hands up giving up. I walked towards the kitchen.