lonq-time no see, && lonq-time no talk .

I stepped out of my condo and locked it, and passed his door towards the elevator. I was on my way out to work. I pressed the button and waited for the elevator to open. As I waited a door opened in the near distance and shut as the person's footstep came closer to me. I looked to see which neighbor it was and saw that it was Jahbari.

Shit, shit, shit, I cursed underneath my breath. Since we'd run into each other for the first time a couple of days ago, I had been trying to avoid bumping into him. "Good morning," he said. I turned back around and didn't say anything as we both entered as the elevators door opened. I pressed 1st floor and then stood against the elevators wall. He stood across from me staring at me.

I averted my eyes from his as he sized me up and tried to focus my attention on my phone. "So, you not going to say anything?" he asked me.

"Hi," I said to him just so that he could be happy and leave me alone.

"Nah, ma. That's not what I mean and you know it." Dang, no such luck. "And I know you've been avoiding me on purpose." He said. I put my phone in my purse and just stared at him. What is it that he wants me to say? Yeah, I've been avoiding you. I licked my lips just as the elevator doors open. I exited with him behind me.

I waved good morning to Victoria at the front desk. I walked towards the door preparing to walk towards my car when he said something, "I know it's you Lai." He said. I continued to walk and pretended as if I hadn't just heard him say anything.Well, good for you. "Lai," he called after me.

I sighed and turned around to face him, "What, Jahbari?" I asked tilting my head. I really didn't feel like having this conversation with his ass right now that's why I had been avoiding him in the first place. But, I knew that I would have to face the fact that we'd eventually be having this conversation.

"Look," he said looking around the parking lot. "Let me take you to breakfast and then we can talk." He said.

I shook my head and pretended to look at my phone for the time, "No," I said. "I can't do that. I'll be late for work." I lied to him. I wasn't due to start working for another two hours. I was actually heading in early to review some things. I didn't have to be there early, but I would say anything to get out of this confrontation. I started to walk away from him when he grabbed me to stop me.

"Then, let me take you out to lunch or dinner?" he offered.

I stared at him and smirked, "What will the fiancé think about you wanting to take me out to dinner?" I asked him. He didn't say anything for a few seconds. Then, my stomach growled.

"Someone seems hungry. Think you should take my offer for breakfast." He told me. "Don't want you to go into work without a proper meal." He said.

I sighed giving in, "Fine," I said throwing my hands up in the air surrendering. There was no way that I'd be able to shake him off, especially if he lives a few doors down. All he had to do if he couldn't get me was to walk a few doors down and knock on my door. And I couldn't risk that, not with Tarahji being around. "There's an Einstein's not too far from here. We could sit and eat there." I said.

He nodded his head, "Cool," he said smiling showing off those perfect pearly whites and dimples that were similar to my baby girl. "I'll follow you in my car." He said.

I turned around and walked over to my car. As I waited for him to bring his car around so that he could follow me. I thought about trying to make a run from him, but thought better of it. His Charger came around from where I parked and he beeped his horn. I pressed the gas pedal and led the way to Einstein's. I looked through my rear view mirror at him.