at her expense .

After buckling kiddy bop into the car seat I walked around towards the driver's seat and got in and buckled my seat before starting the car. "Are you ready to go to school?" I asked Tarahji. I turned around to see her bounce her head up and down.

"Yes, daddy," she said excitedly.

"Okay," he said. "Now, where's mommy?" I asked looking out the window and when I didn't see her I looked down at my watch to see what time it is.

"There she goes," Tee informed me. I looked up from my watch to see my car in the rearview mirror. I reversed out of the parking spot. "Are you going to follow mommy?" I asked her.

I nodded my head, "I sure am if you want to make it to school on time." I told her. "Do you want to make it to school late?" I asked her.

I looked through the rearview mirrors to see her shaking her head fast, "No, I want to go eat breakfast with my friends. I don't want to be late." She told me.

I nodded my head, "Well, what time does school starts?" I asked her like she knew.

"Uh, nine o'clock." She told me. "And breakfast starts at eight o'clock." She informed me.

I raised my eyebrows," Oh really?" I asked. "Then, I guess you're late because breakfast already started." I told her.

She gasped, "Oh, no. We're late. Daddy we're late. I think you need to drive a little bit faster so we can make it before breakfast is over." I shook my head no.

"No, Tee," I told her. "I'm not going to drive faster. I don't want to get into an accident." I said stopping at a red light. "Do you want daddy to get into an accident."

"No, daddy,"

"Okay, then daddy's got to drive slow and safe." I said reaching for Laila's radio. "Do you want to listen to the radio?" I asked her.

"Yes, daddy. Put it on 99 Jamz." I placed it on the requested station.

"You got it kiddo." I told her. Beyonce's Who run the world (girls) was playing and she started dancing and singing. I looked through the rearview mirror and started chuckling at her. The light turned green and I took my foot off of the breaks and continued to follow Lai to the school while Kiddy bop danced and sing to the songs on the radio.

Fifteen minutes later, Tarahji said, "That's my school. That's my school." She started pointing out the window. Follow mommy and turn here." I did what she said and parked Lai's car in a vacant Little World Academy. "We're here." She said excitedly. "YAY!"

I smiled shaking my head and getting Tee out of the car. Lai walked over to us. She had parked not too far from where we parked. "Tarahji you got your book bag?" she asked her. She nodded her head. "Did you remember to put your homework and notebook in your book bag?"Laila asked her.

"Yes, mommy,"

"Okay," she said reaching out to hold Tee's hand. "Let's go." Tee held her mommy's hand and reached to hold my hands. I looked down at her and smiling at me. "First stop is breakfast and then to Ms. Marilyn class and then we can go to the office." She told me.

I nodded my head and we entered the school and walked towards the entrance of the school. Laila gave the lady in the office thumbs up so she could open the locked gate. When she saw Laila she opened the gate and we walked into the school and headed straight for the cafeteria. Kiddy bop handed me her book bag and grabbed a number that was next to the entrance of the cafeteria. I followed the both of them to the breakfast line. "Good morning, Miss Ashley." Tee said greeting the lunch lady.

"Good morning, Tarahji." The lunch lady said smiling. "What would you like to eat this morning? We have French toast and eggs, cereal, and yogurt. What will it be?" Tarahji thought long and hard about her answer.