Chapter 66 Surprises

Kendra's P.O.V.

the kids woke me up that morning.

"Mommy! C'mon!" Henry yelled. "come come come" Melody yelled through her pacifier, sitting on my bed bouncing up and down. (it was adorable) then all of a sudden there was an ear piercing scream. i shot up cause Luke and Owen (who were jumping on me) to tumble to the ground. i looked over at Jady and she had a devilish grin on "your up now!" Lilly laughed. she was practically on the floor laughing her butt off at what Jay just did. then there was two small whimpers from the other side of my bed. "Ow" Luke said crawling onto my bed rubbing his head. "Sorry boys" i let out a little laugh "c'mon Aunty Kendra!" Owen yelled running towards the door."C'mon mum!" Jady yelled pulling me out of bed. then all the kids pushed and pulled me out of my room.

"Emma! get up!" i yelled when we hit the hallway. All the kids giggled a bit "what?!" i asked laughing along "just c'mon!" Luke yelled getting annoyed. i laughed at him as they led me down the hall.

When we turned the corner to enter the living room there was decorations, presents and bows all over the room. and right in front of the tree and in the middle of the gifts from "santa clause" was Emma sitting in her chair with a huge smile on her face.

"Merry Christmas mom" she smile. i smiled back. it was nice to see her this happy. we haven't had a moment like this in a long time.

Then Emma did the unexpected. she started lifting herself out of her chair and to my surprise she didn't fall to the ground. her legs held her up. i stood in awe as she shakily stood in front of me smiling. "Merry Christmas!" she said again "Merry Christmas!" i repeated walking over to her opening my arms as she lowered herself back in her chair. i wrapped my arms around her and cried.

"Oh!" she said pulling away as if she forgot to say something "don't tell anyone! i want to tell them when i can walk" she told me and i nodded solemnly.

Just then Sophia walked upstairs. "whats going on up here?!" she asked as all the kids ran and hugged her legs. (they all absolutely adored her!) when she looked up at me and saw the tear stained cheeks her smile faded. "whats wrong?!" She asked worried. "nothing" i said wiping my tears "it's nothing really" i continued. thankfully Soph shrugged the subject off.

~~~~

"Harry!" i yelled for him from the living room. he walked over to the couch from the kitchen table with his tea grasped tightly in his hand. "can you take Lilly and Mel to Chell's?!" i asked before he sat down "i'll do it" Sophia said from the kitchen "you sure?" Harry asked "yah! Then you can spend more time with your kids! besides i'll stay and chat with Michelle for a bit" i laughed a bit at her. she's so british! "thanks" Harry smiled and Soph smiled back.

"Lilly!" she yelled down the stairs. then a herd of kids ran up the stairs. "C'mon! i'm gonna take you guys home" she told Lilly as she walked over to the couch and picked up Melody.

"Thanks Soph" i smiled

Now Harry can spend some extra time with Luke and Jady. Jay was gonna stay with me for awhile.

"Anytime love" she smiled as she stared dressing Mel in her winter gear. Then Sophia slipped her jacket on and lead the girls outside.

Once she left Harry let out a huge sigh of relief. "kids. go play down stairs" he instructed and the ran down stairs. "wait what?!" i yelled kinda pissed. "but i though you-" he cut me off "i know. and i will. i just need to talk to you"