Chapter 7

Amilia stood in front of the classroom door. She knew that his office laid behind a door in it, just like the others. Her hands shook as she took the knob in her hand. The damp smell of the dungeons permeated the room; she looked around quickly before going to the dark panel door at the back of the room. She knocked softly, hoping that he did not answer. The door softly creaked open and softly closed behind her once she crossed the threshold.

Severus was sitting at his desk, his heart in his throat as she slowly entered the room. She noticed that he had a very blank expression on his face. Amilia was not sure why she felt uneasy, maybe because it was all the time they had spent together over the holiday, he had never looked at her that way. He pointed at the chair in front of the desk, "Sit, please."

She pulled the chair out and plopped down. Her eyes darted about the room; bookshelves lined the walls, a couple of cauldrons sitting behind the desk begging to be used, there was nothing there that seems personal besides another dark panel door off to the side. Amilia wondered if that was his private chambers. She smiled softly to herself, remembering the other night where he had pulled her close while they slept. Something that could not happen in a dormitory bed.

"Amilia, did you hear me?"

She startled, "I am sorry, what was that professor?"

"I said you would be helping me organize the ingredients."

"Oh." She sighed, Masters was right. "That will be in the classroom itself?"

"No, the storerooms, we will be doing the one in here."

"There is more than one?" Amilia's interest piqued.

Severus chuckled, "Yes, I keep the more serious stuff in a separate one; students cannot get in it."

"Oh, all right." Amilia stood up and waited for her teacher. He stood up very slowly, waiting for her to do something; she only stared at him. With a wave of his wand, another door appeared. Amilia followed Severus into the storeroom; it was long and narrow. Severus directed her to the other side of the storeroom and silently got to work.

After some time, Severus spoke to Amilia, "Are you still mad? I assume that is why you acted the way you did in class."

"That is not the reason why I acted poorly in class, but I am fuming still, and I do not want to talk about it, professor."

"It is something we need to talk about." Severus turned to Amilia. She had worked her way towards the office; he was the one who was now stuck.

"I said I do not want to talk about it!" Amilia snapped, "Am I done here?"

"No, I want to finish this room, but if you are hungry, some food can be brought up."

"Tea." She stalked out of the room and rifled through her bag while Severus went into his private chambers. She found a folded over piece of parchment, "What the hell is this?"

Amilia,

I am sorry, I am partially at fault for this. I saw the Wandless magic and assumed that when you talked about the term, you would be a professor here. So I thought we had an understanding. I want to talk about this with you so that we are...understanding. I do not want to lose this. I did not lie to you that night.

Yours, SS

Teacups clattered onto the table, and Amilia looked up at Severus over the parchment. He looked shocked, Amilia flicked her index finger, and the cups repaired themselves. "Really? A letter."