Chapter 41: Lady Niphredil

Elanill had sat beside her mother. The scent of Athelas had filled the room. She was wiping her mother's forehead with a cloth. She had Niphredil's hand in hers and had let her healing powers to flow in her mother's veins.

She took the cloth and turned to wash it in the basin again. Abruptly, she felt a joyous feeling. She turned sharply and saw her mother's open eyes staring at her. She dropped the cloth in the basin and water splashed all over the bedside table.

"Mother!" she said happily and hugged her mother. "Elanill, my dear!" said Niphredil weakly and caressed Elanill's curls.

"I'm so glad you are back. I needed you a lot." Said Elanill while crying.

"Elanill. You should not be here." Said Niphredil. Elanill raised her head and saw her fearful eyes and smiled. She kissed Niphredil's cheek. "Ada told me everything. It's alright. I will be fine." She said reassuringly although she was not sure at all.

The doors burst open and Legolas ran into the room soon followed by Thranduil, Finrod and Gimli. Elanill stood and Legolas filled her place. "Niphredil!" he said happily.

"Legolas!" said Niphredil with concern. "What's going on here? Elanill."

"I know." Answered Legolas and touched her forehead. "You are still weak. Don't be worried. I will explain everything." As he said a few healers ran into the room and surrounded Niprhedil.

***

The host of Gondor was moving toward the halls slowly. There were few talks between them for they were mesmerized by the beauty of the forest. But everything seemed to be sad, although it was spring and the forest was in its full beauty. They could feel this sadness in the air. Even the birds were singing sadly. When they had asked about this from Thalion he had answered sadly that this is because of Lady Niphredil's anniversary.

One day had passed since they had passed the gate. It was dusk and the second day was ending. Aragorn and Arwen were worried for their son, for his face was still grim and he didn't tell them what was wrong and they didn't like it.

Eldarion was in his own thoughts. The image of Elanill in the arms of that Ellon was not leaving his mind. What if there was something between them? He had to express his proposal as soon as possible or all of his plans would have been futile.

He raised his head and see his mother looking at him with worried eyes. He smiled at her reassuringly. He knew that he had made her worried and he hated himself for that. He didn't want to make her worried at all. He looked around. Although the atmosphere was sad, still the forest gave you a feeling of serenity. The crickets were singing and the sound of the leaves moving with the wind was adding to its beauty. The little streams that sometimes accompany them for a while were completing that melody.

"When you are so preoccupied and things become so hard for you, you just need to come here and stay only for some minutes to forget all about the bad things." Said Eldarion's youngest sister, Anaya, who was riding in the first line with her father, the king. She had become very fond of the woodland realm. She didn't want this journey to end.

Thalion who was riding first with two other Elves turned and smiled warmly. "You are feeling my Lady's power. You have to come here when she is not suffering from her anniversary. The forest will bloom then. She can heal your heart by saying only simple words." He said and his face lighted up at remembering a good memory.

"He is right, for I have felt what he says many years ago when we were traveling together for the battle of the ring." said Aragorn and remembered all of those times when Niphredil had helped him with only her soothing words and smiled. He really had missed his friends.