chapter 1

As I was walking in the woods to my house on one Friday evening after school, all alone, cause my day was pretty rough and I didn't wanna walk where people were present, I wanted some peace so I took a walk through the woods.

They always say there is something in the woods and some weird people are there but I always find these woods relaxing and breathtaking. It's calm and that relaxes me, the silence.

I tried not to think of school kids and started humming to myself but then I heard a crack of a branch or something, I turned back to look what it was with this fear running through my body suddenly but there was no one.

I started walking faster thinking of all the things people say about these woods might be real.

I did not know why but this time I felt a presence of someone, I felt like someone was coming behind me or watching me as I was walking faster, I wanted to look back but I am afraid to do so.

Then I tripped over a rock and fell.

"Ugg" I sighed in pain. 

I stood up slowly and my foot was bleeding, I looked around to see if there was anyone but no one was there. I waited there till I was able to walk. I tried to get up but I could not. If my dad sees this, he'd know that I took woods to walk home, he told me not to go into woods many times but I have never listened. 

"That looks pretty bad" 

Someone said, I startled and looked up. It was a guy, I don't think I've ever seen him before but he looked familiar like I've seen him somewhere, it's like a Deja vu.

"Who are you?" I asked, the words just rushed out of my mouth and I wondered how he came out of no where. 

"Sorry...I didn't mean to scare you " he said with his eyebrows pulled together a bit.

"How did you get here?.. I saw no people around here like a few seconds back."

"I was___ah passing by and I saw you fell, thought I'd help if you need " he said.

And I know there is definitely something weird about this guy, it's giving me creeps but I don't know why.

"I'm good__thanks" I stood up and took my bag, started walking away from him.

"You sure, you alright?" He asked.

"Yeah.. "

I answered as I walked away, I didn't dare to look back but It felt like he was still staring at me. So I turned, but he was already gone.

After that strange moment in the woods, I rushed to my house and took a long shower and put on bandage to my wound. When dad and I were having dinner, he saw the bandage.

"Susie___what happened to your foot ?" he asked, his face was concerned.

"Its nothing dad...I fell at school, it's fine now" I lied.

"We should go to the doctor" 

"No dad...its just a small wound and I said I am fine" I said assuring him its nothing serious.

"Be careful next time okay.." he said and I nodded. After that I did some homework in my room and then slept off.

Next day School was a hell like always and all the kids were like demons who torture me. I went to my locker, when I opened it, I found lots of paper pieces in it, they fell out all at once on me, some pieces even fell inside my loose T-shirt and everyone laughed. I ignored it as always. I wish high school ends faster.

"Sick bastards. Come on Susie, leave it, we would miss the class" Jo Said, my only friend since kinder garden. 

"Yeah, let's go " I said and we went to the class.

My first class was English, Mr. Black teaches us English. He is my favorite teacher, he's really very encouraging.

While we were in the middle of the English lecture. He walked right through the open door. My mouth fell open. That weird guy is in my class. Mr. Black introduced him to the class that he was a new kid.

And his name is Newt Collins. 

All girls started whispering about how gorgeous and hot he is looking. Mr. Black told him to have a seat and I prayed to God not to make him sit next to me but apparently there was no one sitting next to me. He searched for a place to sit and he walked straight to my bench and sat. I didn't wanna look at him so I just pretended like I was reading seriously. Then the class continued and I never looked at his way. 

I wanted to walk away from him as soon as the bell rang and when it did, I took my books faster than usual and walked out of the door. I didn't look back to see if he was observing the way I was acting. I can feel his eyes on me and it was scaring the hell out of me to see him. When I was at my locker and Jo came to me. 

"What was that all about?" She asked looking at me suspiciously.

"What was?" I asked, I clearly don't know what she was talking about.

"That new guy.. I saw your face when he sat next to you, you were freaked like you are afraid that he would hurt you or something. " she said.

"What..? No, I didn't even see his face, why would I be freaked?" I said acting normal.

"You didn't? Now that's weird, there's no one at school who didn't see him, he's completely hot.. and you are saying you didn't see his face.. ugh " she sounded disappointed.

"Jo, can you drop it now?!.. look I'm really tired, I didn't sleep well last night, that might be the reason why my face looked freaked out to you" I said closing the locker. 

"Tired ?!! Susie its Friday night, please don't tell me that you can't make it to the party tonight?"

"No, I'll come" I said and she looked relieved. After that I went to rest of my classes and hopefully I didn't see him in any other of my class. 

This day, I didn't take woods to go home. I don't feel safe anymore. After getting home, I have done some homework and got ready for the party. I usually avoid parties but this one is Jo's and I can't say no to her. 

When I opened my closet, I looked at all my cloths like 10 minutes, I can't decide what to wear. Well I finally took out a red t-shirt and blue pants. When I got down, dad was cooking.

"Hey dad" I said.  

"Hey honey.. party tonight?" He asked tasting the food he has prepared.

"Yeah.. Jo's party, can't say no" I said. 

"Well be home early, Alright" he said taking a quick glance at me and back at his cooking.

"Okay dad.. Love you" I said and walked to Jo's party which is just down a few houses down to walk.

By the time I got there, everyone was already there and I was nervous looking at people but then Jo showed up. 

"Hey...come on" she took me in and we had drinks and everyone was enjoying playing games and flirting. Jo was also occupied with someone. I went outside and  stood on the porch drinking coke and waiting for this night to end. 

"How's your foot?" 

Someone behind me asked and I turned to see who would that be. When I saw him I literally tripped, I could've fell but he caught my wrist in time and pulled me up, close enough to him that I can smell his scent.  

"You okay?" He asked. 

But Words wouldn't come out of my mouth.     

To be continued__ Don't forget to vote 👀