9. Homework

(Y/N)

I sat in the meeting table waiting for Levi to dismiss us. We had been in here for five hours and I was ready to go home, luckily that would happen in a few minutes if Levi would decide to let us go.

"One last thing before we leave. " Levi said and placed his hands on the desk. "This collection will be the most important yet because we have to clear the name of the company, so I thought that it'd be best to have as much help as possible with the promotion of the collection. " he looked at everyone in the room. "And I remembered Petra Ral. "

Everyone's eyes in the room lit up, especially Marco's.

"Yes! The one the only! The goddess of public relations. You better talk to her Ackerman. " Marco pointed his fan at Levi.

"I already have. We have a meeting this evening to talk and obviously I want both you Marco and Mike to talk to her. " Levi pointed a pen at both of them.

"Don't worry Levi. " Mike said.

"Awe, my sweet darling Petra, it's been so long since I last saw her. " Marco said to Jean who was sitting next to him.

"It's because she was in Paris, if you remember." Jean rolled his eyes.

"I didn't think anyone would be against hiring her to help with the promotion. " Levi said again.

"No I don't think anyone has any problems, she's perfect for the job." Mikasa said.

"It would be best if we put her at the front, let everyone know that she's working with us. " Erwin said.

"Of course we'll do that! Everyone knows her, it'd be a crime to keep her behind closed doors. " Hange said.

"Excellent, that's it for today's meeting, I'll see you later. "

With that he stood up and left the meeting room. The rest of us got up as well and we all got to our offices. Well, except from me who went to Levi's office. I knocked on the door and entered after receiving permission.

"What is it? " he asked me.

"I was wondering if I could go home sir? "

"Call the bank and connect them to me, after that you can leave. " I nodded my head and left his office.

After making the call I left and sighed in relief when the fresh air hit my face. Sitting in the meeting room for so long was tiring and I had a headache to prove it. I got in my car and went home where Miles was waiting for me. When I opened the door he jumped off the couch and hugged me.

"Hi mom. "

"Hi little man. How are you? "

"I'm good! " he smiled and jumped up and down.

"That's good. " I smiled back. "Have been waiting long? "

"Nope! " he shook his head.

"Are you hungry? "

"Nope! " he shook his head again. "Sophia cooked."

"Really? " he nodded. "Nice, let's see what homework you have then. "

I said and he left to get his bag. I took off my shoes and coat and sat on the couch and let out a sigh. I was tired and just wanted to sleep. Miles came back with his bag and sat next to me and took out his notebooks.

The only homework they had was that they had to write some numbers and their names five times. He was going in kindergarten so even that was much for him. We spent around thirty minutes doing the homework and making sure everything was right but kids have to be kids.

"No! Not like that Miles... " I said and erased the number six for the tenth time. "Just make a circle and then a line on the side that also has a hat at the top. " and of course he smiled and made it seem like an eight again.

"Like that? " he asked all smart like. He was really testing my patience. I glared at the wall in front of me and took a deep breath.

"No... Not like that... " I kept glaring.

"How then? " he jumped on the couch next to me. "Tell me. Tell me. Tell me. Tell me. Tell me! " he would jump every time he said it.

"Miles... Please sit down." I rubbed my temples.

"No! Tell me!!!!! " he yelled in my ear and I snapped.

"Miles! Sit down! " I yelled and he immediately stopped and sat down. I took a deep breath and erased the number again. "Now. Do it again. " I said in a quiet voice. And he did it right that time.

I stood up and went to the kitchen and had a cup of water. After that I made myself some tea and Miles a hot chocolate. I sat down next to him again only to see that he had written the numbers seven and eight and was struggling with nine. The reason I got mad was because he knew how to write six but he wasn't doing it on purpose and I was too tired to deal with him.

"I can't do it... " he whispered.

"Yes you can. Just make a small circle and then a straight line. " I calmly said to him. He got confused by the small curl at the end and made it look like an eight again.

He started crying and I picked him up.

"I can't... "

"It's okay. That's enough for now, you did good. " I kissed his cheek. "I'm sorry for yelling at you." I wiped his tears. I didn't like yelling at him but I can only take so much.

He just hugged me and calmed down after a while. He fell asleep on top of me and I took him to his room. After putting him to bed I got changed into some more comfortable clothes, made myself a sandwich and sat on the couch. I put on a movie and ate my sandwich and drank my tea while watching and eventually fell asleep.

-----------------------------

Very small chapter but the next one will come out soon and it will be longer. I apologize for being away for so long but I got very busy. Give me some time to get used to writing again but I can promise you that I'm back. Again, I apologize for being away for so long... I kinda don't remember what I had planned for the books so I have to read a couple of chapters and go through my notes again. Again I'm very sorry...

Thoughts?

-Christel.