51. Memories

Warning/note: In this chapter there's opinions of religion mentioned by (Y/N). I want to mention that the opinion expressed does not necessarily reflect on a specific religion, attempts to criticize any believers personally or speak ill of any God you believe in. I'm not trying to criticize a religion or point a finger at anyone and the things mentioned don't necessarily reflect my own opinion in a negative or positive way.

I'm not trying to start a political war so please don't start any in the comments, remember we are here to have fun. The reason why this chapter exist is to further understand (Y/N) and what she is saying is based entirely on her experience of being rejected for getting pregnant outside of marriage, something that was out of her control. I believe that this chapter is important to understand the struggle she went through.

This is just something for this book and if you have a different opinion that's fine. I don't want to be afraid to talk about some sensitive topics and I want this book to be realistic, this is a topic that I believe is discussed in situations like this.

If you think you can't handle maybe some of the things she will say feel free to skip the first part of this chapter until you see - meaning the setting has changed. I apologize if this is a sensitive topic for you. I hope you can still enjoy this.

There's a treat waiting for you in the end.

-

(Y/N)

It's been two months since we came back from France and now I'm in my house collecting my final stuff ready to go to my new home. I'm in my apartment, it feels like forever since I was last here but this will surely be my last. I'm going to our new home where I'll be with my family all the time.

Well, I am with them anyway but now it will be different. We will all be living together officially, it's a big step but one I think we are prepared for. Especially Miles since he is more than happy to be with his dad all the time. He still calls him Levi but the drawing speaks for itself and how he truly sees him. I was not that surprised to see it but it did warm my heart. Levi sure loved it, I catch him smiling at it every day. It's adorable.

There's boxes around me and I'm sitting in my room, on my bed with a briefcase next to me filled with pictures. Looking at them only caused me to feel sadness, seeing the pieces that were cut out made me so sad to the point where a tear actually left my eye. Levi showed up by the door and let out a sigh looking at all the boxes.

"Everything is done, the people should be here in ten minutes to take everything out and to the house." I didn't look away from the picture but I noticed him walking closer to me. "What are you looking at? " he sat next to me.

"Just old photos. " I said, I'm glad the tear was not noticeable.

"What photos? "

"Oh you know, " I looked at him and turned a little so I could see him better. "Of when I was little. The briefcase was stuck at the back of the closet I had completely forgotten about it."

"You have pictures of when you were little? I didn't think you had anything from your parents house. " he said and grabbed one from the briefcase, it showed me smiling on my first birthday with the edges cut. "Why are there cuts? "

"I didn't cut them. Before I left town my mom found Sophia and gave her this briefcase to give to me. They didn't want to keep any of my pictures, so they cut themselves out of them and gave them to me with a note saying to never contact them again. " I gave him a sad smile trying to hold back tears. "What a nice thing to give to your child, right? "

"(Y/N)," he placed a hand around my shoulder. "I- that was a long time ago-"

"Not long enough. " I bit my lip looking down. "You know, now that I'm a parent I can't understand how some people can reject their child in such a way. I'd die before I ever turned my back on Miles or Amy."