43. Realization

(Y/N)

Me and Levi entered the house just as the rain started coming down hard. We were a little wet but nothing serious. I sighed in relief as the warmth of the house wrapped around me. I'm so glad the house remains a certain temperature all the time. Levi closed the door and we took off our coats and shoes. I turned to him and smiled.

"Well my makeup is a mess so I'm going to take it off. I'll see you in the bedroom. " I bit my lip and went to leave.

"Actually come here when you're done. "

"The living room? "

"Yeah."

"Okay? " I left and went to the bathroom.

I took off my makeup and looked myself in the mirror without it. I also considered taking off the thing I was wearing underneath but decided against it. I'm sure he won't mind, I'm just being stupid. I went back in the living room to see levi placing down a lit candle, there were many more around the place. He was standing barefooted on a blanket above the carpet and all the pillows from the couch were thrown on the floor. I walked up to him with a smile after he placed down the lighter.

"What is all this?" I asked.

"Why not do something different? " he asked and gave me a glass of wine, I didn't even notice that. "We don't have to end up in the same place all the time. "

"Well look at you being a gentleman."

"Always am. " he said and sat down on the blanket with his back on one of the big pillows.

"I know, I just didn't expect you to be like this. " I sat down as well.

"Like what? "

"I don't know, you just seem... Too perfect almost. Like you are pretending, no one can actually be as good as you. " I was just being honest.

"I'm not perfect, I hurt you, how can you say I'm perfect? "

"I don't even think about it because it was so minor. But seriously, how can you have almost no flaws?"

"I do have flaws, many of them. I just think that we work well together and it doesn't bother us as much. I don't pretend to be someone I'm not and I'm not playing up anything to get you to want me. "

"That's very hard to believe. You don't do almost anything to annoy me. And now this, being romantic like this. It's hard to believe it's genuine and not fake. " I whispered the last part.

"You don't do anything to annoy me as well and I know you are just being yourself."

I looked down.

"I just keep thinking that there has to be something that doesn't work... I don't know why. "

"You know, " he sighed. "In many previous relationships that I had there were many problems with stuff I was doing, stuff I do with you and you are not bothered by it. "

"What do you mean? "

"You know, you said that I'm being romantic. But it's the first time I really did something like this for the two of us not involving the kids. I was in a relationship with someone that was really bothered by how distant I was in the beginning like I was with you. She wanted it to be like this from the beginning, you weren't bothered by how distant I was especially in the first two months. How much I clean was another problem many times with many people. I should spend more time with them and not clean the house seven times a day. And why clean the house when it's already clean, stuff like that. " he took a sip. "I work a lot, you know that. Now I have Amy and Miles to keep me from it but you remember how much I worked even after we got together. "