Special Chapter (2/10)

(Levi)

Today is my wedding day and I'm in the apartment where mom and Kenny live now. Why? Because mom wouldn't shut up about keeping up with tradition and that I shouldn't see the bride before the wedding so I slept here yesterday. I was in the bathroom in the bedroom shirtless shaving, looking myself in the mirror I still couldn't believe that today was actually the day I'd get married to her. It's been over a year since I proposed and at some point I stopped believing that I would actually get married.

But here we are.

"Tch, put on a shirt will you? Your mom and daughter are here." I heard Kenny next to me and looked at him before going back to finishing.

"I don't want to get the shirt dirty, I'll wear it once I'm finished. "

"Tch, what a brat. "

"You're one to talk. " I placed down the razor and threw water on my face.

"Yes, I am. " I walked past him after I wiped my face and walked up to the closet.

I was already wearing the pants and brown shoes so I grabbed the white shirt and put it on. Isabel really wouldn't shut up about me not wearing black on the wedding so I compromised by going for royal blue. I finished putting on the shirt and grabbed the jacket putting it on. After putting on the grey tie and confirming I looked how I should I turned around and saw Kenny standing there, hat still on his head and hands in his pockets. Why is he still here?

"What? " it's my wedding day, I don't want to start a fight with this idiot.

"Tch." he walked up to me and grabbed my hand. "My old man gave this to me when he died, said it should go to the first sons when they get married and shit. I'm not about that so you spend your days figuring out what to do with it. " he placed something on my hand and left after that.

Looking down at my palm I saw a golden ring with the letter A on top. It was bigger than I would like it to be but at least it wasn't some crazy looking ring like others I've seen.

I think I've seen this ring before in photos of moms dad or something. It does look very old. It's not an ugly ring but I don't think I'll make a habit of wearing it. Either way for today I think I'll wear it. I put it on my finger and looked in the mirror. It did look nice with the color of the suit so oh well.

I got out of the room and saw many people in the living room. Why are there so many people in the living room?

"Shorty! My little shorty is getting married! I don't believe it! " Hange run up to me, she was wearing a red suit.

"Tch, yeah, " I walked out of the way right as she was about to tackle me into a hug and she went running down the corridor. "We all know Hange. "

"Levi bro! You look nice! " Isabel came up to me and fist bumped my shoulder. "I told you you shouldn't wear black. "

"Tch. " I ruffled her hair.

"Levi, you look so nice. " mom came up to me with a smile.

"I'm literally just wearing a suit."

"It's not just any suit, you are getting married. " she said. "You are happy and it shows, you are glowing. Happiness makes you very handsome." no matter how old you get your mom will always find a way to embarrass you.

"Thanks mom." she hugged me.

"Can we take some pictures with the family? " the photographer asked and I nodded.

"Yeah. "

"Alright, everyone line up. " he prepared his camera and I walked to the couch where Amy was to lift her.