27. Paper Slip

(Y/N)

I slowly opened my eyes and yawned stretching. I looked next to me and saw Levi sitting on the bed, he was still shirtless and the sheets were covering his lower half. He was leaning forward looking at some papers and his hair was falling over his eyes. What a sight to wake up to. 

"Oh, you are awake. " he said after noticing me staring. 

"Mmmm. " I went under the covers and moved closer to him. Thanks to him I didn't get nearly as much sleep as I wanted. 

"You can go back to sleep if you want. " he said and messed with my hair that was sticking out. 

"... What time is it? " I murmured. 

"What? "

"What time is it? " I said louder. 

"It's almost eight. " I gasped and stood up throwing the sheets on top of him in the process. 

"Why didn't you wake me up? I'll be late. " I nearly fell down after losing my balance from standing up so fast but I somehow made it to the closet. 

"Yes, I know. Calm down, you won't get in trouble. Obviously... " he whispered the last part. 

"But you don't like it when I'm late! " I could barely keep my eyes open but I did somehow managed to grab clothes to wear.  

"I think if I wanted you to be at work early I would have woken you up earlier. " he stood up and came behind me. 

"What? " I asked when I saw him. My brain was still sleeping because I couldn't process what he was saying. Everyday I'm supposed to be at work on time but he didn't wake me up. 

"Get back in bed brat. " he picked me up and laid me on the bed. "You clearly need more sleep, I'll wake you up when it's time for us to leave. " he sat next to me again and I gave up trying to understand why we were still here. 

I just turned the other way to be more comfortable and went back to sleep. 

-

"I'm really not looking forward to today. It's going to be a shit show. " Levi said while placing the  plates in the sink.

"Why do you say that? " I asked taking a sip of my coffee. It was almost ten which means I got two more hours of sleep. That's good. 

"I have to sit on a chair for hours discussing deals and a bunch of other shit with some people that have shit for brains and think they can boss me around. That's how it always goes. " he sighed and sat next to me to keep drinking his tea. 

"I doubt that it will end well for them. "

"Yeah, poor things. " he shook his head. I didn't say anything after that, my head was busy with one thought and I think he noticed. "Okay, what's up with you? You've been thinking about something since you woke up. "

"Yeah, that's what people with the organ known as brain tend to do. They think."

"And people with assholes shit. I'm asking what you are thinking about. Is it your brat? "

"Miles? No, why would I be thinking about him? " I always think about Miles but now I really wasn't. As far as I know he is either at school or with his friends, if something had happened they would have called me. 

"I don't know, maybe if he is alright or if he is at school. You know, things parents think about. "

"Well, yeah I am thinking about that stuff but now I wasn't. I don't care if misses school today. "