13. Leaving

(Levi)

I opened my eyes and looked to the side. The clock said that it was six in the morning. What a fucking miracle, I slept for four hours. I got up and went to the bathroom in my room, the other one might as well be there for decoration, it never gets used.

After finishing my business in the bathroom I put on a shirt and went to the kitchen to make my tea. And just that, no breakfast, no nothing. I'll be leaving in thirty minutes anyway so what's point, I'm always the first one there, a whole hour before anyone starts coming to work I'm already there in my office sitting and working.

Because that's my life.

It really is home-work, work-home. The only time I do something different it's when my annoying friends decide to drag me somewhere, and I make it seem like I don't like it but in reality I'm grateful. If it weren't for them I probably would have lost my mind already. I remember sending them away one time on a business trip in Europe for two months. I didn't talk to anyone during that time. Just with my mom over the phone but that was rare too. So I'm grateful I have them.

Doesn't make them less annoying though.

I wasn't in the mood to wait so I just filled a cup with water and put it in the microwave. I leaned on the empty fridge and rubbed my eyes, I felt tired. More tired than usual. I have gone entire days without sleeping because of my insomnia but I rarely feel so tired. I feel like I'm about to fall down.

I opened my eyes when I heard the 'Ding'. I didn't even realized I had them closed. I finished making the tea and went to the living room and opened the balcony door to let some fresh air in. I walked out to the porch and sat down on one of the chairs. The sun wasn't even up yet, but you could see the light.

I was considering taking my medication and take the day off so I could rest, but I knew even then I wouldn't actually rest. The medicine causes me to have nightmares. Not necessarily horrible ones but I've seen so many I'm sick of them. It's not uncommon to get nightmares because of the damn pill but I guess I'm not as strong as others to keep taking it.

I blinked and the sun was up, I looked at the cup and it was empty. I really don't want it to be one of these days.

Wake up you fucking idiot.

I got up and changed into one of my suits and left to go to work. It was six when I arrived and of course only the guards were there, sleeping like usual. I let them because I know they only fall asleep after six so there's no real danger and I know most of them have families so they don't get proper rest when they get home. And even if they do it doesn't last long.

I entered my office and turned on my computer to start working, only to see that there was a windows update. Fucking wonderful. I hope I don't lose anything, not that it will be gone, I have everything saved but it will be a bitch to install them all again. The update will take about an hour, it's a small update, it's probably nothing important.

I heard a knock on my door and looked up curious as to who it was. It's not even seven yet. Before I could say anything the door opened and in came Erwin. I let out a sigh.

"Good morning Levi. " he said and closed the door.

"Good morning Erwin. You're early. " he nodded and sat down.

"Yeah, well I know you will have extra work for me today, thought I'd start early. " he sat down in one of the chairs and I nodded throwing him the folders.

"Your fault, if you didn't act so childish you'd only have yours to do. Now you have the work of three other as well. " I leaned back. "I don't even know why you were so serious about it, it's not like you. " I crossed my arms.