Special Chapter (3/10)

(Y/N)

Levi has drowned himself in work. He's a bit more distant but that's understandable. He hasn't changed that much but he is stuck in his office almost all day distracting himself with work. Why? Because he lost two of his best friends eight months ago. Today is our first anniversary, the weather sucked really bad, it's been raining all day and not just a little bit, the type of rain that you can barely see outside so we couldn't do anything special.

He still wished me happy anniversary and he spent more time with me and the kids. He has been trying for the past month to come out of the office more and start living again but I'm not trying to force him either. Isabel and Farlan were two of his closest friends and both of them died in a car accident. After Levi came back from the funeral he actually got sick for a week. For the first time since I met him he got sick because of how sad he was. Then he started distracting himself with work, distancing himself. I gave him his space, letting him go at his own pace while letting him know I'm here for him. For three months he would almost never come out of his office but one day he started to come out more. Talk more. And now he only spents around five hours a day in there, compared to the sixteen he used to have that's really good.

I was sad too to see them go but there's no way my pain compares to his. Today he entered the office three hours ago and it's now eleven. He spend his day helping me cook, clean, help Miles and Amy with homework. We played a board game together as family and at some point when the kids fell asleep we even had a moment to ourselves in his office with a glass of wine, some nice music and lots of cuddles. He was still a little bit cold but like I said, it's understandable.

I was standing in front of Levi's office with my arms crossed looking at the kids as the rain kept coming down outside. They were asleep on the couch with Amy sleeping on Miles side and he had an arm over her. They looked adorable. I suddenly felt arms wrap around me, lips on my neck and then weigh on my shoulder. I looked to the side to see levi leaning his head on my shoulder, glasses on his nose and hair falling.

"Hi. " I smiled his arms still around me.

"What are you doing? " he asked.

"Nothing, I'm just looking at the kids." I kept looking at him, this man turns forty in two months, he really doesn't look like it.

"Hmm. " he sighed and then glanced at them before looking back at me. "Do you want another one? "

"What? "

"Do you want another brat? " he squeezed me. "Another little brat running around in here. What do you say?" my heart raced at little.

Another kid... That's huge. Taking care of two kids is hard enough already but... The sound of having another kid with Levi this time makes me happy. We both had our own struggles in the beginning with Miles and Amy. Amy was with her mom at first, Levi only got her after seven months and then he had me to deal with and I was alone. Yes I had Liam and Sophia but it's not the same. So doing it together from the beginning... It sounds nice.

"You want another child? "

"Didn't I ask for another one? "

"I know you did, it's just that... Are you sure? "

"I am, but you don't sound like you want one. "

"I do Levi. But it's a huge step, I just want to make sure we're both-" he kissed me.

"I will not ask again, do you want another baby? " the way his voice sounded and the way he was looking at me...

So much hope. So much passion. He really wants to become a dad again, the look on his face and the sound of his voice were so soft... How could I say no to him?