18. A Chance

(Y/N)

There I sat, in front of my boss with a plate of food in front of me. The atmosphere wasn't uncomfortable or tense, we were just sitting and eating but we hadn't really gone into much of a conversation.

"So, I'm sure you are wondering why I asked you here. " Levi finally said.

Guess he wanted me to enjoy my meal before he went into the topic he wanted to discuss. That's sweet of him.

"I am wondering about that, sir. "

"Levi, (Y/N), there's no need for formalities now. " his eyes were soft yet serious. Basically his casual look but he wasn't trying to inflict any authority like he does at work, which I really liked.

"Of course, but I hope you understand why it is a little hard for me to just start calling you by your name so suddenly. " I smiled.

"Yeah, thought it's not really suddenly considering our... Night together. "

"Yeah, about that... Again I apologize if I have made things awkward-"

"Stop acting like you were the only one doing things that night. If you feel the need to apologize then I should as well because if anything I'm more guilty of taking advantage of you. And that's also one of the reasons why I called you here, to apologize. I'm sorry if that night has made you feel uncomfortable around me. "

My eyes widen slightly, yes we had the conversation about it and how it wasn't really any of our fault but he hadn't really apologized like he did now. I really appreciated that he did.

"You don't need to apologize, it wasn't unpleasant. "

"(Y/N), I want you to stop the formalities, just talk to me normally. How do you feel about that night."

I took a deep breath and collected my thoughts for a few seconds. I took a sip of my drink.

"How I feel about that night. As you know I don't remember much so I can't really give you definitive answer. But from what I do remember it was a night I enjoyed, I don't feel bad thinking about it. " I crossed my arms.

I didn't lie, it was the truth. Levi nodded.

"I see, that's good to hear. "

"What about you? "

"What about me? "

"Did you enjoy it? "

"Of course I did, you made it hard not to. " my heart picked up speed.

Smooth complement, really smooth.

"I choose to take that as a compliment. "

"I don't see why you wouldn't." he smirked and got a sip of his tea and I shook my head.

"So that's why you wanted to go out? To apologize? "

"No, I just wanted to spend more time with you as well as apologize. " I stared at him for a second.

"What? "

"I wanted to spend more time with you. " I nodded my head, I wasn't so oblivious to not see what he meant.

"Look Levi, " I started, feeling uncomfortable at the use of his first name but I didn't fail to catch how his eyes changed when I used it. "I really appreciate this and everything, don't think for a second I don't... But I don't think it's a good idea for you to get involved with me. "

"Why? " he titled his head to the side making him look strangely cute.

"Because I can't really offer you much. " he leaned back but his eyes told me I had his full attention. "I have a kid, my life is home work, work home. I can't afford the time to go out or spend the night with you and even if you were the one to stay over, my house is a complete mess and you can't relax for even a second unless you are used to kids behavior. I can't expect you to just change your life so much for me and you will eventually get tired of it. "