6. Playground

(Y/N)

It was Sunday and I was getting ready to go to the supermarket with Miles, I needed to buy stuff for the house, after that we would come back home but what Miles didn't know was that I would take him out later. I put on my shoes and helped Miles put on his as well.

"Ready to go? " I asked him.

"Yep! " he enthusiastically nodded.

I smiled and opened the door, he run out and went down the stairs as I locked the door. When I went outside I saw him by the car waiting for me to open it. When I did he got in the passenger seat and put his seatbelt on and I did the same. I started the car and the Disney playlist started.

I was now listening to "Let it Go " for the hundredth time. I wouldn't be so upset about it if Miles wasn't yelling next to me.

"Let it go! Let it go! Can't hold it back anymore! Let it go, let it go! Turn away and slam the door!!! " he acted it out.

I stopped at a red light and on the car next to me was a man with two girls in the back. When he noticed what was going on next to me he nodded sympathetically my way and I nodded back.

"My power flurries through the air into the ground!" I jumped because he yelled and I forgot about him because the song was quite until that point.

It turned green and I started the car again. For the final part of the song I joined him and sang with him. After that it was "A whole new world " that started playing and I smiled because he wouldn't be yelling with this one.

Or so I thought...

"A whole new world!!! A dazzling place I never knew! " and I never knew what I was getting into when I became a mom.

But regardless I joined in a sang with him until we reached the supermarket. When we did we got out and I got a basket and as always Miles started running around, close to me, and I looked at the stuff I wanted to buy. He wouldn't dare run away from me because last year I looked away for a second and when I looked back he was gone.

I searched for him for almost an hour, I was losing my mind until I found him on the second floor! Looking around. I slapped him so hard people around thought I was abusing him. I had never hit him before and I don't want to do it again, but he got me so worried and I was so mad that he left like that I acted on the moment. I explained to the people around and some understood because they were parents but one said.

"I'm a parent too and I'd never do that to my child. " all smart like.

A month later I found him in another supermarket and he had lost his son too and when he found him again he gave him a slap worse than mine. He looked at me and gave me a look that said he understood me now.

Ever since then Miles doesn't get away from me. He runs around but makes sure he can still see me. Maybe the reason why I slapped him then was because a few months before that in a big toy shop someone stole a child. They immediately closed the gates and took them hours to find the child because they had taken it to the bathroom and shaved its head. And it was a little girl too so it was almost impossible to recognize her without hair. So when he disappeared on me for no reason, I completely freaked out.

I grabbed a package of toast and put it in the basket and I heard the sound of my phone going off. I had received a message.

<Hello miss (Y/N), can I talk with Miles? >

Oh, it was Mary, every now and then she would message me from her moms phone asking to talk with Miles. I didn't like him staying for so long on the phone but it's not like I could do much about it. Kids these days are born and already know how to handle a phone. So I couldn't keep Miles away from it, but I did do a better job than others.