40. Bad Mother

(Y/N)

"Hey, did you have fun today? " I asked Miles. It was his birthday today and unfortunately I couldn't be with him, but he stayed with my boyfriend. My baby turned three today.

"No... " he said not looking at me.

"No? Why? " I titled my head.

"Heth bad. He, he yells a lot. And he hurtch. "

"Did he hurt you? " I asked panicked.

"He, he pushed me on the wall."

"Did your back hurt? " he nodded. "I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt you. What did you do to make him mad? "

"Noting!! " he yelled.

"Hey, don't yell at me. " I pointed my finger. "I'll go and talk to him. You go to sleep alright? "

"No, no, no. " he got up and got on my lap. "No he, he yells when you seep. Don't mommy. " he cried.

"It's okay Miles, I'm sure it's nothing."

-

I sobbed as quietly as I could. I was pulling my hair. What the fuck did they do to my kid? What did they even do while I was asleep? How could I let that happen? I'm stupid. I don't deserve to be a mother. More tears left my eyes, I might not have personally hurt him but I allowed it to happen. I'm sure that's the same, saying its not is just an excuse.

-

"Did you do something to Miles? " I asked him.

"Do something to him? Like what?"

"He didn't seem well when I checked on him. He said that you pushed him against the wall? "

"Oh that. Yeah I didn't see him with how small he is and accidentally pushed him. I dropped what I was holding and it broke. Because of that I raised my voice a little, I'm sorry it won't happen again." he walked up to me.

"But I didn't see anything bro-" he kissed me.

"Enough with that, I said I'm sorry. Why don't you tell me how your day was? "

-

Stupid, idiot, worthless. You are a bad mother. You put yourself over your son and now he is paying the price. He should always come first yet you were desperate for someone to be there for you you forgot to be there for him. He was a baby. You should know better. You don't deserve him.

I don't deserve him... Who let's that happen to their kid?

I'm stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stu-

"Brat. " I felt a hand on my hair and I lifted my head from my knees. "Why are you crying? " he asked and sat down in front of me with one leg on each side of the bench. I looked down and didn't answer him, instead I kept crying. "Is it because of your arm? Does it hurt? "

"No Levi, it's not because of my arm." I sighed. "Look, I'm sorry for earlier. When we were down at the park and I was so pushy with you. I guess I was still upset because of what happened with Amy and took my anger out on you. You took your anger out on Flock. "

"No, don't apologize brat. I deserved it. It's alright. "

"I get it. If I hurt you too I'd feel bad. Hell I think I might have reacted worse then you. I shouldn't have talked to you like that. "