Lesson Ten

Don't Bark If You Can't Bite.

"You need to talk to Riker."

Luke was a handsome man at the age of twenty-one there was no denying that. His jaw was sharp with a shadow of stubble and his brown hair was styled in a ruff manner like he had just jumped out of bed. It worked for him though, it was style I thought he pulled off well.

"About what? Nothing would've happened if you had just stayed off Anarchy's land. You know the rules Luke just as much as the rest of us."

We were sitting in my schools car park that was still empty. His car was parked beside mine and he had jumped into mine when I pulled up. They always knew where to find me.

"Lyra his men attacked ours. There has been peace between us for months when he was gone. You need to talk to him."

"There was peace between you both because I was watching over both sides with the guys gone." My tone was harsher as I spoke. I was sick of listening to them complain about this stuff. They needed to sort out what was going on between the two sides and quick. We had more pressing matters than sitting here fighting each other all the time.

"Then talk to him, tell him to back off."

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. "If you were at peace because youse both were basically on the same side, then join forces with each other."

Luke narrowed his eyes dangerously at me but I wasn't fazed one bit. He seemed to have forgotten who I was and he wasn't about to push me around. He needed my help not the other way around. 

"I would rather chop off my arm that let Riker take control."

"You're being over dramatic. I'm not telling you to go beg him on your knees to be friends. I'm just saying the two sides need to make peace."

I watched as cars slowly started pull into the car park. School would be starting soon and it was dangerous for Luke to be sitting here much longer. If one of Riker's men or Riker himself seen Luke there would be a word of trouble. Saying that though I loved to cause trouble.

"Just talk to him Lyra." This time his voice was soft. Almost like he was pleading with me to do it. "Zane is gone and we need you to do this. Riker will listen you far more than he would any the rest of us."

I sighed and leaned my head back against the head rest. Everybody seemed to need something these days.

"Fine I'll talk to him. I wouldn't count on anything to change though. Me and Riker might be friends but that doesn't mean he will listen to me when it comes to this stuff."

"Thanks." He stuck out his fist for me to bump and I rolled my eyes at his childishness. I did it anyway and he sent a grin my way before climbing out of the car and walking over to his own.

Looking out the window to my right though was what I was kind of expecting to see. Riker was looking at me with a hard look on his face. His arms were crossed and his muscles tense as he turned his attention away from me to watch Luke drive out of the car park. As soon as the car was out of sight his eyes clashed with my own once more.

If I was anyone else those stormy grey eyes of his would have sent me shaking in my boots. There was thunder in those eyes at the moment and I knew I had just awoken something I probably shouldn't have. I wanted to push him though, I wanted to see the side of him that he has not yet shown me. The side of him that was the reason why his father had chosen him over his older brother Ace to run the family business. I needed to know what I was up against if something was to happen and we ended up on opposite sides.