Lesson Twenty-Nine

So What's Next? You Heal, You Grow And You Help Others. 

The car was finally finished. 

The Ford Mustang Boss 429 that my grandfather had owned from it was first released. The one car he couldn't bare to get rid of even after he crashed and rolled the car. After working on it from I was twelve years old it was finally done and I couldn't be more happy with the outcome. 

I understood why my grandfather had loved this car so much and starting up the engine and listening to it roar to life made me love it just as much. I let out a squeal of happiness as I reeved the engine the sound echoing throughout the whole garage. I was pretty sure everyone in the house could hear it. There was something just so satisfying about bringing an old car back to life. It felt like I was giving something a second chance at life.

Watching the door of the secret room at the back of the garage open I could see Chase walk in with Hayden. They had there own grins on their faces as they looked over the car. They had known I had been working on the car for the last two weeks as I recovered. At the start I had to tell them in order to get them to lift things that I couldn't because of my injury. Trust me if I had a choice I wouldn't have told anyone at all. I wasn't even sure myself if I could get it up and running. 

"Couldn't have done it better myself, little sis." I reeved the engine once more in response to Chase's comment. We both knew fine rightly he couldn't have brought this car back to life. Chase's skill with cars was repainting the finer details of a car and that was about it. He never really did have a interest in these things as much as I did.  

"I call first dibs on the first drive." Shouted out Hayden, but I was quick to shut the driver door and lock the other doors too. He started to pull against the door handle trying to open it but I was also quick to sent a glare his way. 

"Put one scratch on this car and I swear to God I will make sure you can't walk for a week." 

He put his hands up in defence and quickly stepped away I don't think I had ever seen him move so quick in my life. He did look through the driver window though and looked throughout the car whistling in responses.   

"You really did keep the detail in this car little sister. I don't see one inch of anything modern."

"It's not meant to you idiot. It's a 1969 car of course it's going to look old inside." I spoke rolling my eyes. Lifting up my phone I went into the app that controlled the house and opened the garage door fully so I could start to leave. 

"It actually looks amazing though, I have to give you credit. I didn't think you'd be able to fix a car like this, you're so used to fixing up modern cars. Were the computer basically tells you what's wrong." I could see Chase walk around the car as he spoke checking out my handy work. There wasn't one millimetre of this car I hadn't looked at to make sure it was perfect. 

"Not going to lie it was a lot of work." It was worth it though. I loved the feel of the power behind the steering wheel. 

"Is it going to replace your baby?" Chase knew my BMW i8 was still a touchy subject but it had been two weeks now. 

"Don't know about that but defiantly thinking about making this my main car." 

"The press will think you have lost your mind. It's not a car you've ever been seen driving before." 

"Maybe I have lost my mind then." I responded grinning at my two brothers and knocked the car into gear. 

Slowly I started to move my car through the garage making sure not to knock any of the other cars on my way out. As the car didn't have a key pad or control panel on the car I had to use my phone to ring the guards to open the gate.