Chapter Seven: A Lannister Always Pays His Debts

The sun cracked through at dawn, piercing the world with its golden light. Jaime and Brienne were shortly unchained. They were forced over to the horses. Jaime was tied to Locke's new horse, Shadow. His eyes quickly scanned every face, the only ones that were missing were Locke himself and Riva. Brienne moved over to Jaime.

"Where's Sylvia?" She asked. The grass was squelching beneath their feet, it was raining and it has been for the last five hours. Jaime shrugged, trying to play cool, when, in reality, he was worrying. Moments later, Jaime saw Locke and a large bald man carrying Riva over his shoulder. He roughly places Riva on Shadow and Locke shortly mounted Shadow. While Locke distracted himself with his men, Jaime and Brienne attempted to talk to Riva. "Are you ok?" Brienne whispered. Riva was drenched in blood, her armour was being handed over to the man who was in the carriage on the left-hand side of the party. Riva was left in a baggy white tunic that was now drenched in mud and blood. It stuck to her body as it was so wet and Jaime noticed how skinny she was and could see that she needed food otherwise she was going to die. She was hunched over and her eyes were closed. Her face was littered in big purple bruises and, because how see-through her tunic was, her body had large green bruises that were as big as a dinner plate. Her fingernails had dirt and blood within them. She looked like a corpse. Her mouth slightly gaped open, her teeth drained in blood and mud. Her red hair was no longer in a ponytail and allowed itself to get more tangled and messy.

"Of course she's not ok," Jaime hissed at Brienne. Then Locke made Shadow trot. Every time Riva slid off the horse when Locke wasn't paying attention, Jaime would skilfully catch her and put her back up. She would reply with a small thanks or just mumble a sound. Jaime and Brienne started to talk among themselves, talking about what would happen when they arrive in Kingslanding. As the marched onwards, the floor got more slippery and thicker, Jaime's leather boots getting stuck in the thick mud and threatening to fall off.

"Kingslayer," Locke snapped at Jaime who was talking to Brienne.

"What?" He whined.

"I don't think I've given you a full punishment, after all, you are my prisoner,"

"If my father..."

"I don't care about your father," Locke snapped. He slid off his horse and unsheathed his sword from the side of Shadow. He kicked Jaime to the floor and slowly started to pierce his cheek, drawing thick blood. "How about we play with this nice torso of yours," Everyone has come to a halt now, watching Locke torture Jaime. Brienne was held back by three men while the men were getting amused at Jaime's helplessness. As Locke was about to cut Jaime's torso Riva fell again, but on the other side. She fell into the thick mud but sprang up quickly. She unsheathed her sword from the side of Shadow and skillfully used it to unchain her hand. Last night was nothing compared to what she had during her time in Bravvos, she played the helpless victim so, in situations like this, she could easily do something while everyone was still in shock. The Half of her body was thickly coated in the thick mud, it was smudged across her face, and she became more monstrous the longer these journeys came. She slid under Shadow, gaining more mud on her back as she did so. She kicked Locke in the stomach and then sent a blow to his chest using the end of her sword. He stumbles back, coughing and gasping for air as she winded him. He dropped his sword and Riva quickly picked it up. Riva dodges many bolts being fire at her as Jaime quickly stands up, he now being held back along with Brienne. Riva threw Locke's sword at his feet, his men slowly approaching this scene. She bared her teeth and growled at him.

"Me and you, one on one. I win, me, Jaime and Brienne go free, you win, you get to keep us," She shouted in his face. Locke quickly composed himself before bringing his sword down to Riva who limped to the side. Riva did have slight pain, possibly a broken leg or arm, but she has had worst. She flipped the sword in her hand and dodges another powerful blow Locke did. He fell and smacked into the muddy ground. He quickly sprung up, wiping the thick mud off his face with his dirty hands. He turned angrily towards Riva, his short brown hair flying with him. He slammed his sword down but Riva blocked it. The strong vibrations from the impact made Riva's grip on her sword loosen. She stepped back, her head spinning at the quick movements she had to make. She could faintly hear Jaime's voice say "Watch out!" But it was too late. A shot of pain spread throughout Riva's legs, she fell to the floor, her knees burying into the thick mud. Locke over towered her and placed the cool end of his sword at the base of her throat. He grimaced but it was quickly wiped from his face as Riva stabbed his leg with her sword. He cried out in both pain and anger as he too collapsed to the floor. As both of them panted, Locke whimpering in pain, his men assisted both of them, placing Locke on Shadow and patching up his wound and placing Riva on the horse Brienne was attached to and attending her wounds. Locke coughed and gave Riva a venomous glare before he ushered the men away so her could trot ahead, Jaime following.