Chapter Thirty Six: Beyond The Wall Part 2

The sun was the reason Riva woke up. She forgot that was sleeping in Jon's arms in the middle of nowhere. She slips out of his grip and holds her sword and rubs her eyes and stands beside Sandor who was on guard. Jon also woke up after feeling Riva leave him. Many of the men were sleeping close to each other for warmth, it was funny to watch. However, many were waking to the sound of the Wight suddenly screaming. Sandor decided he was bored and pick up a small rock and he launched it across the lake and to one of the Wights. It hit the Wight on the face and broke its jaw off.

"Sandor...this isn't such a good idea," Riva yawned as she sat down, her feet dangling over the sides. He scoffed at her and picked up another one.

"This is the second-best thing to do while we wait for the 'precious' dragon 'queen'," He said sarcastically and when he mocked the word 'queen', he earned a glare from Riva.

"I was drunk and telling lies," Sandor raised a brow before throwing another rock, hitting a Wight in the stomach. "Anyway...what is the best thing to do?"

"Drink and eat," He shrugged.

"We have very different opinions," Tormund yawned and stretched. Riva turned her head as Sandor threw another rock and hit the Wight foot.

"Ok, what's the best thing for you?"

"Fucking," He winked while Riva shook her head and turned around to watch Sandor throw rocks.

"Typical," Riva notice how the rocks were getting closer to the lake which was frozen over. "Sandor, please stop," She begged but he didn't listen and he threw another rock, but this time it landed on the ice and slid to the feet of the Wights. Sandor's face suddenly switched to guilt and he stepped back. Riva sighed and quickly jumped up. The first Wight timidly placed a foot on the ice and everyone unsheathed their swords. "Congratulations, Sandor," Riva growled while getting into a fighting stance, despite the fact she was freezing cold. The Wight then fully stood on the ice and looked down before the group on the rock. It screamed before it ran over to them, the others following one at a time.

The first one charged at Sandor and he quickly took out. They all started to charge at full speed and becoming too much. Dragonglass and Valyrian Steel were being swung around as the Wights clawed and crawled up the rock. Riva notices how the Wights never charged at her but everyone else so she was assisting the others. She helped out Beric before quickly helping Jon. She spent a while moving her stiff limbs around and the weight of her sword seems to increase every time she swung it. Jon looked back at Riva and she recognised that look...the look of hopelessness. Riva sighed and looked down at the ground before she helped slay Wights.

"Riva," Jon quickly came to her as they defended the rock.

"What?"

"This may be the last time we ever see each other," He said as he killed another Wight.

"Ok, so?" Riva kicked a Wight down before stabbing one through the head.

"I just wanted to tell you that I lo..." Before he could conclude his sentence, roars were heard from above. Riva smiled as hope flew into sight. Drogon released his fire into a bunch of Wights that were directly in front of them. Everyone sighed in relief as all three dragons started to roast the dead. Drogon circled around the rock as the Wights finally started to become fewer thanks to Daenerys and her dragons. She landed Drogon to the side of them and Daario jumped off and ran to the group, slaying a few Wights on his way.

"Everyone, to Drogon, Riva, get on Viserion!" He commanded and Riva saw Viserion land adjacent to her. She smiled and approved. She swung at the Wights as the others ran the other way, Sandor carrying the Wight while Beric and his flaming sword protected him.