Chapter 9 : Alarm

Max was still mad about the day before. She wasn't understanding Jane's reaction even if she wasn't surprised. Those people had something wrong in their minds, nothing new in that. She just wanted her to not hurt her friends, Beverly seemed sad about this, and she couldn't stand that! She arrived at her locker, and Jane was already there, behind the door of her locker. Black boots, black jeans with a chain on her right side, a black tee-shirt with long sleeves going to the half of her hands, her black leather jacket and her hair back but not combed tightly.

- You fucking calmed down!? told sharply Max, opening her locker.

Jane ignored her. Instead, she took a cigarette and lighted it with a grey zippo.

- You can't smoke here!

This time, the ex-prisoner slammed her locker and turned her head to the redhead, letting appearing her two brown eyes, surrounded of red exploded veins and dark circles. She slowly walked to Max, stopped at one centimeter of the other girl, took a long puff and blew it on Max' face. The redhead had many coughs and felt tears in her eyes because of the smoke.

- Did you say something? provoked Jane, taking support on the locker to overhang Max.

- You're drunk!

- Why you fucking care!?

- I don't! I tried to be nice with you and you acted like a douche! stated Max.

- Yeah!? 'Cause you were nice because you wanted it!? Or because Hills asked you to!?

Max didn't answer. She felt all her muscles tensing, and clenched her jaw so hard that she thought it would break her teeth.

- That's what I thought.

Jane took another puff, blew it with her nose like an angry dragon before raising her cigarette to the ceiling. An alarm rang and the watering fire started.

- Look! I create water! said happily Jane while the entire school was drowning.

Max frowned at her without understanding the girl in front of her. Jane began to step back, her face and her hands in direction of the water drops falling, like if she was under the rain. The redhead was exasperated, she looked so proud of this!

Everyone was now outside, while the staff was trying to stop the alarm and to clean every rooms and halls. Max was trying to dry her hair and clothes while her friends were joining her.

- Hey, what happened? frowned Lucas.

- Jane is fucking brainless! answered angrily the redhead.

- What does this bitch has done again!? asked Mike.

- Mike! intervened Bev, shocked. What the fuck, Jane is not a bitch!

- She provoked a mess in the school and she is not a bitch!? Are you on Earth with us or you're fucking lost in your fairytale where this girl (points at Jane who is with the other prisoners) is never wrong!?

Beverly saw red. She was clenching her jaw and closing hard her fists. Without thinking, she slapped her friend's cheek making a thud. The others had a silent gasp, surprised, while the group of prisoners were laughing with some encouraging the redhead to "kick his ass". Mike looked at Bev with wide opened eyes and his jaw dropped.

- You slapped me!? What the fuck has this girl done to you!? They are fucking garbage!

- Shut up! (slaps him again) I'm done with you! stated angrily Bev between her teeth. (hits him more) I'm done with your shit! You're an asshole! (Mike protects his head with his hands while Bev keeps hitting him in his back) FUCKING ASSHOLE!