Chapter 70 : New life

The next day, everyone came. Lucas, Dustin, Beverly, Max, Mallory, Clarissa, Melissa, Will, and Joyce. They all helped the two sisters to install themselves in their new apartment. Jane made a quick visit to them, too happy to have all of them with her. They spent the day with them, Joyce talking with Constance, and all the teens in Jane's room, with Dog and Cat. The ambience with Will was less cold, both Max and Jane making effort with him. As it was a sunny day, they decided to visit the town. Jane showed them the park where she would walk with Dog, Cat, and the new friend, she showed them her new school, the shops around, and the road to the bus stop, to be sure they wouldn't get lost when they would come to see her.

They went back to the apartment, but it was already getting dark, and Joyce thought it was time to go. Jane accompanied them to their cars, wanting to say goodbye to them in a proper way. Will's goodbye was fast, he waved to her and went directly in his car, not wanting to ruin the moment. Clarissa gave a friendly tap on her shoulder before going in her car. Lucas and Dustin were the first ones to say goodbye, they took the girl in their arms and kissed each one a cheek, which made smile the young girl. Mallory did the same, but with tears in her eyes, proud tears. Melissa offered her a soft toy in Dopey shape because:

- I didn't find any Snow Black!

Jane chuckled and took her in her arms. Now it was Bev. The hug was longer than the ones before. She was remembering the first day they met, how hard it was for Jane to understand school and to make contact with other teens, and now, she was going to be a dog trainer for blind people, the change was here! Jane was the person she had always been! She was finally belonging here.

Joyce went to Jane before Max to let the two girls saying goodbye with more privacy. The mother told her how proud of her she was. This rehab was a good idea, and Hopper finally decided to help all those kids like they deserved. She saw some of the others, and noticed they were all feeling better, finally living with people who cared about them, and having some schools accepting them to give them a chance.

They all went in their cars, letting the two girls alone. Max didn't want to hug her now, not wanting to leave, but she knew she had to.

- Don't worry, I'm not far this time, smiled Jane.

- Yeah, I know, but I was used to having you at home.

- I'll come back, don't worry.

- You have to! Or I'll force you to!

- I know, chuckled the ex-prisoner. You can call me when you want, or send me messages, I'll answer.

- I know, I'm glad you have a phone now, told Max. I've something for you, Melissa had the same idea but, like that I'm sure you won't forget me.

She searched in her bag and held out a soft toy in Grumpy shape. Jane had a smile, searched on her bag and held out a soft toy in Goblin shape. The two girls took their new toys before laughing.

- We have the same brain! chuckled Max.

The two girls giggled before calming down. It was the moment. Max wrapped her arms around Jane, and placed her forehead against hers. She tried to enjoy every seconds, every butterflies, and every heartbeat. Jane leaned and placed her lips on Max' ones. The kiss was tender, both sad to leave each other. Jane broke the kiss before placing another one on her girlfriend's cheek, making her smile and blush.

- Well, I think it's time, said hardly Max.

- Yeah, but don't worry, you can call me, smiled Jane.

- Don't run away.

- I won't. One hour in a bus and I'm here.

- Yeah...

- Don't be sad, you're gonna be ok, I'm gonna be ok, we're both gonna be ok.

- Yeah, I'm sure of that.

They quickly kissed each other again before hugging. Max went in the car, holding her new friend, Grumpy, and watching Jane with sad eyes. The two cars went away, all waving to the ex-prisoner.

- Don't worry, said Joyce. I talked with her sister, she will keep an eye on Jane, I trust her.

- I know...I'll still miss her...

- It's normal, but this time, you're sure she is still here, told Beverly.

Max nodded with tears in her eyes. Bev wrapped her arm around her friend, not liking to see her this sad and hurt.

Jane watched the two cars going away. She stayed a moment looking at the horizon, like if she could still see them. She took a deep breath before taking her stairs. It was opened stairs, better than Max' ones. When she entered her flat, she saw her sister waiting for her at the kitchen table. The blonde girl knew how sad her sister would be. She stood and opened her arm to invite her for a hug that Jane didn't refuse. The teen let some tears falling, already missing all of them.

- It's fine, you can see them as much as you want.

- I know, sniffed Jane. I just miss them.

- Yeah, but you have their numbers, you can call them when you want.

- Yeah, it's cool. I like the flat.

- Yeah? It's a nice place, the neighbors are not too loud, a nice view, a nice park for all your zoo (Jane chuckles), everything around, it's nice, we'll be fine, told Constance.

- Totally, or, finally would be the right word.

- Indeed, we'll be finally fine.

- Yeah...

- And see what we received today.

Constance broke the hug and held out an envelope to her little sister. Jane frowned but took it. She opened it and took off many papers and...

- Oh! No way! exclaimed Jane.

- Yeah, chuckled Constance.

- We're legal! It's our papers!

- Exactly! We're finally Constance and Jane Brown!

- Oh my god!

Jane jumped in her sister's arms, not believing it! She could walk in the streets with no more worries! It was over, all this shit was over! An apartment, a job, her sister, her friends, her girlfriend, everything was fine! She was ready, the two girls were ready for their new life.

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N : Hi! :) So, this is the end!

Thank you everyone for reading it, and letting comments (I love reading comments, so don't be shy!)

I've other ideas for more Elmax stories, but for now I've exams so I don't know when I'll post them, be patient. ;)

Thank you again for all the support and see you in another book :D