Chapter 27 : Baseball bat

As every Tuesday morning, the redheads had Health class with Melissa and Jane. But, Jane wasn't there today, and the three were all confused by her sudden absence, she seemed fine the day before! Max was lost, she didn't know what to do to make understand Jane that school was important for her, even if it would last only a few months. The bell rang and the teens stood. Melissa didn't wait for them, she was certainly pissed that Jane was missing today, and the two other girls were totally understanding her. When they approached Max' locker, they had the hope to see her, taking her books, but no, there was no one. They both had a sad sigh, Max taking her books. They heard some people laughing and gave a quick look to them by reflex, but they noticed it was Mike and Will talking with Kyle, Jenifer and Alban. Beverly and Max frowned at each other before going to them.

- What are you doing!? asked Max.

- Oh, hi! You talk to us now!? replied sharply Mike.

- I never stopped talking to you, you decided to stay distant because we're not assholes full of hate like you!

- We're not full of hate! We just know what's right and what's wrong! And those garbage are wrong! We have to get rid of them, as fast as possible!

- Yeah, I totally agree, but I'm sure we don't call the same people "garbage".

- You really want to be friend with them!? frowned Bev. The persons who bully everyone!?

- We're just talking! And if you can talk with garbage, we can talk with them too! intervened Will.

- And we're not dangerous! Not like them! said Kyle.

- Oh what!? I'm sorry, can you repeat the shit you just say!?

- This bitch of Jane tried to kill me!

- So did you! You forced her to jump in the water while she was terrified! You got what you deserved! stated angrily Bev. And you! (points at Alban) You spend your time humiliating everyone, you tried with her and she replied, she humiliated you and you hated this because everyone realized how pathetic you are! And you! (points at Mike) You came to her, you punched her and you want us to feel sad for you!? You're pathetic too! All of you are pathetic! She never attacked us because we don't bother her, we treat her correctly and we don't try to push her over the edge! You hate her because you all provoked her and she didn't let you breaking her down! YOU are garbage!

Beverly quickly walked away. Max took a moment to judge her friends with her eyes and shacked her head in disbelief.

- I've never been so disappointed and ashamed by two people before, said coldly Max.

The redhead walked away, keeping judging them. The group of teenagers all looked at her going far, all upset by their remarks.

- What the fuck is their problem!? told Jenifer.

- They like them! I don't understand why, it's crazy! answered Will.

- They need a lesson, smirked Alban.

- What? frowned Mike.

- Don't worry, I'll take care of that, said the blonde teen, winking to him.

- Don't hurt them!

- We won't, but they will understand the message.

Mike nudged Will to tell him to go with him. They left the group of teens, a bit worried of Alban's idea, but if it was the only way to help their friends, it was more than necessary. They arrived at a corner and saw Lucas and Dustin and decided to talk to them, maybe, for them, everything wasn't lost.

- Hey guys, smiled Mike.

- Hey bud', what's up, answered happily Dustin.

- The girls are crazy, certainly on their period, chuckled the black-haired boy.