Chapter 15 : Post fight

The next day, Jane didn't come back and Mike avoided all of them. The lunch time was very quiet, all lost in their thoughts.

- What can we do? asked Lucas.

- About what? answered Will.

- Mike, what can we do?

- You all already could do something before, but you all preferred turning your back to your friend to defend some crazy girl and for what!? Nothing, now Mike hates us.

- I...I really thought she had a chance...confessed Beverly.

- Well, Mike was apparently the only one to see clearly in her eyes. She is a monster, like the others, I'm glad they are not here today, and I hope it will be permanent.

- Yeah...maybe...

- You think it was them who stole everyone? asked Dustin.

- It's obviously them! Who else!? It never happened before! replied Will.

- What do you think we should do? pouted Lucas.

- Apologize would be a good beginning.

The group all nodded, thinking it was the thing to do. They were all going to see Mike when they noticed that Max wasn't following. She was frowning at her phone.

- What's more important than your friend!? snapped angrily Will.

- What? Oh, um...nothing...it, it can wait, answered Max, clearly shocked.

- Good, because you fucked up enough!

Max angrily frowned at him with some incomprehension. Ok, she messed up with Mike, but she hated the tone he used to make her feel worse. He needed to calm down before she decided to calm him down herself. She let it go for now, she had other things to think. She just stood and followed her friends to Mike's table.

- What the fuck do you want!? told angrily Mike.

- We...we want to apologize...for thinking you were overreacting...said Dustin.

- Yeah!? I don't give a fuck right now! Go to hell!

- Man—

- No! There is no man or bud', it's too late now! Go fuck yourself!

Mike kept eating, ignoring them. The group stayed a moment, not really knowing what to do or say until Bev told them to give up and to go back to their seats. Max was going to join them when she received a new message on her phone. She took her bag and left the cafeteria without giving explanations. In the halls in direction if her locker, she called someone.

- Hey dad, said the redhead.

- Hey Max, answered the man on the phone. You got my messages?

- Yes, a dinner!? Really!? You want to have a bad night!?

- (chuckles) Don't worry, it will be fine, I just want to calm the things between your mother and I.

- If Neil and Billy aren't invited it can be fine!

- ...

- What!? You invited them!? exclaimed Max.

- It's her family now, told the father.

- But they are crazy!? Neil could break your jaw just because you look at mom! And Billy just because you look at him!

- Calm down, giggled the man on the phone. Nothing will happen, we will be in a public place.

- Oh yeah!? Where!?

- The Dirty Men, you know?

- The strip-tease bar!?