Chapter 26 : Hugs

Max went back to school with a big smile. She never stopped thinking of this Saturday morning with Jane, and was beginning to like her more now, maybe they could finally be friends! She saw Beverly and walked to her.

- Jane is not dead, said the redhead.

- What!? You're sure!? answered Bev.

- She spent Friday night at my apartment.

- Oh! That's awesome! How was she?

- Hurt, she really looked horrible, I don't know the details of her mission but it was apparently violent.

- Shit, she could have died!

- Clearly.

The two redheads began to walk in direction of Max' locker.

- She kissed me, told Max.

- What!?

- It was a mistake, she thought I was asking her to kiss me.

- How? frowned Bev.

- Apparently, in jail, when you touch someone's shoulder it's for a kiss.

- What? It doesn't make sense!

- For them, it does! I told her to hug Melissa in a platonic way, to try.

- Because hug has a meaning too?

- Yep, it's sex!

- Obviously!

The two girls arrived near Max' locker and saw Jane standing at hers, taking her books, her crutch against the lockers.

- I told you, you would come back, smiled the redhead.

- Yes, you did, smirked Jane.

- You took off your sling, your arm feel better?

- Yep, it was nothing, I don't feel anything now.

Beverly looked at Jane with a big smile and wrapped her arms around her to hug her. Jane's body tensed and looked at Max with a frown.

- It's platonic, relax, chuckled Max.

- What I do!?

Max took her arms and placed them around Beverly's back. Jane was so uncomfortable with it, Max couldn't hold her laugh.

- Ok Bev, I don't think she is ready, giggled Max.

Beverly broke the hug and began to laugh with her friend.

- Don't mock me.

- We're not, it's just, it's not common to see badass Jane totally scared of a hug, that's all, explained Max.

- Yeah, well!...Nothing.

- Oh, all of this! told with irony Bev.

Jane squinted to her which made laugh the two girls. They still couldn't tell if Jane was in a good mood or not, it was vague to decrypt her emotions, but she seemed, at least, relax. Melissa approached slowly them, with a confused frown on her face.

- What!? snapped Jane.

- What the hell they forced you to do!? replied Melissa.

- 'Don't matter.

- It matter! You look like shit!

- I know! 'Could been worse so it's fine.

- Yeah, "fine", you just look like a bus hit you! stated the purple-haired girl.

- Maybe it is what happened! joked the ex-prisoner.

- Hug, intervened Bev with a smile.

- What? frowned the black girl.