Chapter 62 : Slut

Two months passed. Max was allowed to call Jane, which relieved her. Apparently, Jane was ok, making lots of progress even if she was feeling a bit depressed. Joyce reassured her by telling her it was normal. After the punch, the mockeries stopped, letting the redhead living her life without those shit heads. It was Saturday, and Mallory was working with her, as Cameron couldn't. The two girls were enjoying their day until a blonde head followed by his slaves entered the coffee shop.

- Yo, slut! told Alban. You missed us?

Max frowned and turned to the blonde girl. Mallory was blushing of embarrassment, looking at her feet.

- What do you want!? snapped the redhead.

- We're not here for you, Freckles! replied Derek.

- I don't care, if you're here just to mock her, you can get out of here!

- Aw, you take her defense, that's cute, mocked Alban. Your creepy girlfriend is too far so you fuck the slut now?

Max was going to answer but Mallory stopped her with her arm. The group of teens all laughed loudly to embarrass them more.

- Why do you call her like that!? asked Max.

- Because that's what she is! answered Alban like if it was obvious.

- What do you know about her!?

- She was a slut in a bar in the South!

- How do you know that!?

Alban's face faded.

- Did you hang out in there!? Did you pay her to have sex with you because it's the only way for you for a girl to be interested by you!? Or, it's your father who told you that!? He was one of her client and now that she stopped, he is frustrated so he tells everyone who she was to take her down because that's what people like him do to feel stronger!? Do I have to write pedophile on your locker too!? Or on your house!? To be sure everyone know what kind of family you are!? Weak, pervert, sick in their minds, small dicks!? Or maybe it was your mother!? Living with a weak dick like your father must be annoying, a bit fun with youth is way better! Or maybe both!? Two crazy like that certainly had the same idea! That's what happened!? It's your parents who told you that!?

Alban clenched his jaw, not knowing what to answer. Max didn't need to look at her friend to know it was exactly what happened.

- So now, if you could leave before I humiliate you more, I would appreciate.

The blonde teen didn't answer. He slowly stepped back, before leaving the shop. All his friends stayed dazed, not expecting this, before all leaving too.

- Are you ok? asked the redhead with a concerned tone.

- Yeah...

- It's not the first time, right?

- No...They came every days since weeks now...

- What didn't you tell me?

- Because...I don't know, I didn't want to bother you with that...confessed Mallory.

- Bother me? You're my friend, if you need to talk, it won't bother me! I'm here for that!

- I know...it's just, you had hard moments—

- So had you! A month with those cunt is the worst things ever!

- Yeah, it wasn't fun...

- I believe you!

Mallory smiled to Max to thank her. She was understanding better why Jane fell in love with her, Max was so strong and ready to defend anyone, without worrying about the consequences! People like her were pretty rare, she was glad to be her friend now.

The rest of the day was calm. Alban didn't come back to mock them, and the other customers didn't care about Mallory's past, some even congratulated her for her strength to change her life.

- You should make a complaint against them, told Max.

The two girls were walking in direction of their apartment.

- Against who? frowned the blonde girl.

- Your clients, they were all adults!

- No, no, I don't wanna create trouble.

- You don't want justice!?

- I just wanna keep leaving, let that behind me, I saw Jane and the others in this trial, they were lucky because many people defended them, but I'm sure it wouldn't end the same way with me so, I prefer, I prefer working, going back to the apartment and that's all. That's all I want now.

- Ok. I respect.

- Look, I know you don't understand because you, you're the kind to fight for yourself and the others, ready to do anything but me, I'm the kind to just let it go, it happened, now it's over, thanks to you and I can't thank you enough for what you did because, you saw me only one time but you still came back in this dirty bar to propose me a place to be and to find me a job with you and it's so much more than I was dreaming, you gave me a chance while nobody did, and if I have to be mocked for a while, it's fine, it's still better than where I was before, but I don't want to finish in a trial where I could lose everything, explained Mallory with emotion in her voice. I'm sorry...

- No, don't be, I am sorry, I didn't understand how hard it was for all of you, struggling with life, for me, it was like everyone, I mean, I went to school and all but you, you had to handle everything by your own, at a too young age...nobody should live like that, it's...it's unfair...

- Hey, it's fine, you, you have nothing to reproach you, you, you helped Jane when she needed and now you're helping me and your cousin, you're the good one, smiled Mallory.

- Yeah...it's not enough, I would like to help everyone!

- You already help three persons, it's a lot! And we're not the easiest one, joked the blonde girl.

Max had a weak smile. Mallory was amused by her and her desire to kick the world's ass. She wrapped her arm around her and kiss her temple which made her chuckle. Max was impressed by Mallory's state of mind, but she wondered if the others would stop mocking her and, if they didn't, how long she would handle it! At least Alban would calm down, and it was more than a good news.