Chapter 17 : Day at work

It was too early to work. Max' eyes were still half-closed while she was serving the customers. There were too many people, she had to run between the tables and the persons, trying to be on time to give them their hot coffees.

After two hours, the crowd had disappeared, letting some survivors enjoying their Sunday morning. She had the pleasure to see her friends coming to see her, accompanied by Dan, her boyfriend.

- Hey guys, smiled the girl, standing in front of their table.

- Hey, answered the group with the same happy tone.

- How are you? asked Dustin.

- Tired, and you?

- Same.

As they couldn't just sat there, they all ordered something to drink or eat. The redhead was happy to see them, especially Mike, she thought he wouldn't come and stayed at his home, avoiding all of them. Maybe he calmed down. It would be a good day today, she was feeling it. She brought their food and took her break at the same time. She sat next to Dan and intertwined her fingers with his.

- So, how was yesterday? asked Beverly.

- Awful!

- I can't wait to meet them! joked Dan.

- Yeah, don't worry, if you wanna die during the dinner, it's totally normal!

- Nice!

- I'm so sad I can't be there! said Lucas with sarcasm.

- You can come if you want, smiled Max.

- No thanks!

The group chuckled. They missed this, just spending some time together with no one to bother them in their habits. Everything was fine until Alban and his friends decided to stop at the coffee shop. They took the table next to them and looked with insistence the group.

- You have nothing better to do!? snapped Beverly.

- We are hungry, where is the waitress!? said loudly the blonde teen looking at Max.

- There is one at the counter, I'm on my break.

- But we want YOU! And now!

Max sighed loudly with her nose and rolled her eyes. She gave a quick look to her friends before standing, pen and notebook in hands, ready to write.

- So, what can I do for you? asked Max with an irritated tone.

- A blowjob, answered a dark skinned boy with a big smile, proud of his dirty remark.

His stupid friends laughed out loud in the coffee shop while Max was boiling inside.

- Hey, intervened Mike. She is working, not everyone is born in a golden diaper!

- What do you want Scarface!? You wanna fight!? I heard you couldn't even fight a girl, mocked Alban.

- Said the guy who had been knocked out by the same girl! stated Dustin.

- With only one slap! added Lucas.

- She took me by surprise! told Alban with a wailing tone.

- Hell no!

- I want my food!

- Just order then! replied Max.

- Still blowing, joked the same guy.

- Ok!

Max crossed her arms and looked at him while his friends were making a loud "wouhou". The dark-skinned boy, Derek, lost his smile and became a bit white.