Chapter 28 : Plaster cast

The next morning, Max was furious. Her date was ruined by a group of boys, Dan acted like a cunt and she didn't have the time to help Jane with her hands! The more time passed, the more she was hating everyone! She arrived at school and went to Beverly's locker.

- Hey, said sharply Max.

- Hey, frowned Bev. What's wrong?

- We've been attacked by a group of assholes yesterday!

- Oh my god! Are you ok!?

- Yeah, yeah, but not thanks to Dan! He is such a coward!

- You kicked their asses?

- No, not me, Jane was there, explained Max.

- Oh! How is she? Is she coming back? asked quickly Bev.

- I don't know! We didn't have time to talk, she just left!

- Oh...

- She was stoned, I'm not sure she knew who I was...

- Shit...what happened to her!? I thought she was finally ok!

- Apparently not...

The two girls sighed, a bit sad for Jane. The bell rang and the two friends went quickly in their class to not be too late.

The halls were empty. It was at this moment that the girl decided to show up. She arrived and limped to her locker, not really knowing why she came. She hardly opened her locker, the pain becoming insurmountable. A woman approached her with a smile.

- Good morning Jane, it's been a while, said Joyce.

The ex-prisoner turned her head to her but didn't answer.

- Do you mind if we talk?

She shrugged. Joyce made a movement with her head to encourage her to follow her. When they arrived in the infirmary, Joyce sat at her desk and invite Jane to sit in front of her.

- You don't like school? asked softly the mother. You missed lots of class since the beginning, you know that?

Jane rolled her eyes. She didn't care about classes, she wasn't understanding anything anyway so why losing her time here!? She had other things to do!

- What's wrong with school? You know it's a great opportunity for you.

- Yeah, I know! answered angrily Jane. Everyone say that, school is the only way to make it in this fucking damn life! I got it!

- So what's the problem!

- It's too hard! I don't wanna be there, this is not MY life, I miss jail every fucking day!

- Why?

- I had everything! I had a bed, grub, habits, but now...it's just a mess! Nobody want me here, even me!

- You don't think you belong here?

- Absolutely not! They're all right! I've nothing to do here! half screamed Jane.

- Who thinks that? frowned Joyce.

- Everyone! And they let Fat Monass come here! Like if they didn't know who she is!

- Look, I understand your anger-

- No you don't! Nobody do! She followed me yesterday, all day, she took my crutch and hit me with it and then she kicked me again and again before throwing me by the window at the first floor! I could have died but nobody give a fuck! A group of boys attacked Grumpy and her pal and we're the monsters!? This is fucking bullshit!