Chapter 65 : Stairs

Hopper parked his car on the street. It was a nice place, with some buildings with apartments, small parks and just a few cars passing.

- You want us to come with you? asked Joyce.

- No, I'm fine, answered Jane.

- You're sure you're ok?

- Yeah...just, thinking.

- You won't ruin anything. You're not the same, you're feeling better.

- Yeah...

Jane took a deep breath before opening the door and getting out. She slowly walked on the sidewalk, opened the small white gate, walked on the rock path and arrived in front of the entrance door. She turned at the intercom and began to search for her name. When she found it, she hesitated. What if she was ok now, and didn't want to see her again!? Or, what if she was gonna ruin everything and fucked up her life, just because of her!?

- You think too much, Jane, mumbled the girl to herself.

She took a deep breath and called. It was ringing. She thought of running away, but she did that too many time, she was tired of it.

- Hello?

It was Max.

- Um, hi, answered clumsily Jane. I don't really know what to say, I thought I could make a joke but I didn't find any.

- ...

- Grumpy? You're still there?

- Take the stairs!

She heard a loud noise, indicating that the door was opened. She arrived in the entrance and pushed a door, giving on the stairs. It was narrow, she didn't like that. She breathed slowly, touching each of her fingers one by one, while she was going upstairs. She arrived at the level of the first floor, and heard someone arriving in running in the stairs. The second after, a redhead appeared, with no shoes and wearing an old black tracksuit, and jumped in her arms.

- You're back! told happily Max.

- Yeah, I'm back! chuckled Jane.

The ex-prisoner put the redhead's feet on the floor, but the other girl didn't seem ready to break the hug.

- I missed you, told Max.

- I missed you too, smiled Jane.

This time, she broke the hug and grabbed her hand, forcing her to follow her in the stairs.

- Come on, I'm gonna show you my new apartment! said excitedly Max.

The redhead went so fast that Jane didn't have the time to have a panic attack in those narrow stairs. Max made a quick visit of the apartment, showing her the living-room, the kitchen, the bathroom and the toilet.

- Let's finish with the best part which is (opens the door) my room!

- And you don't have a small bed! joked Jane.

- No, I need more space!

- Yeah, and a place for my jacket apparently!

- I wasn't lying when I said I was missing you!

- I see, smiled the ex-prisoner, relieved now.

- There is place for both of us! I mean...if you stay, of course...you stay right? Tell me you stay, I waited enough!

- Yeah, I stay, relax, chuckled Jane.

Max' smile grew instantly. She placed her hands on her girlfriend's cheeks and leaned for a small kiss. But the two girls missed so much each other that the small kiss became more passionate. Jane blocked Max against the wall with her body, sliding her hands on her waist. The redhead's stomach exploded in butterflies and the heat increased, exciting her entire body. It was like their first kiss, the same sensations, the same feelings, and the same desire to touch her soft skin.