Chapter 39 : Alcohol

The teens were dancing in the loud music, holding their cups of alcohol. Max was on a side, Dan holding her by her waist, while she was talking with Beverly and Jane. Lucas and Dustin were taking with Mike and Will a bit further, explaining why the three girls were not with them.

- Hey Jane, said Max, placing her hand on her arm to get her attention, which kind of alcohol an inexperienced like me should take to begin?

- Um...beer is a good beginning, answered Jane.

- I've already tried beer, you've nothing else?

- You can try the punch I guess, or Vodka but not alone, with coke or fruit juice, with more Coke or juice than Vodka or you're gonna be sick. And if you take the punch, don't drink too fast, you're gonna be sick too.

- Ok, thank you!

The redhead left the three, going near the drinks. The situation was awkward, Jane was staring on purpose at Dan while the boy was trying to maintain it, but Bev could see how uncomfortable he was.

- Uh, Bev, I can call you Bev, right? asked Dan.

- I would prefer not, answered politely the redhead.

- What!? Why!?

- Because we're not friends.

- Um...ok, anyway, I bought two tickets for the ice skating competition for Max, you think she will like it?

- You're not supposed to know what she like!? replied sharply Jane.

- I don't know everything about her! We're together since only four months!

- And in four months you don't know one thing that she likes? Instead of propose ice skating without being sure she like!?

- Every girls like ice skating!

- Since when!? intervened Bev with an upset tone.

- Since always! It's a girl thing!

- You know there are boys who like it too, right?

- Yeah, "boys", chuckled the boy.

Beverly preferred not answering, not wanting to create tensions or to simply punch him. She really didn't understand why Max was liking him! He was awful! He certainly acted differently when he was with her, to not show how stupid he was!

- So? continued Dan, not seeing their upset expressions.

- Do what you want, you apparently know girls better than us, told Bev.

Jane had a small scoff before shaking her head in disbelief. Max came back with two cups in her hands. Dan, thinking it was for him, held out his hand to take it but the girl took it back with a frown. The redhead turned her back to him and gave the cup to Jane before wrapping her arm around her shoulders.

- It's fruit juice, no alcohol, for once, said the redhead.

- I don't always drink alcohol!

- Say that without lying now?

- And you're proud of you, stated Jane, folding her eyes.

Max lightly chuckled before kissing her cheek, which bothered Dan. The boy grabbed his girlfriend's arm and gently brought her near him, getting her away from the garbage.

- You wanna dance? proposed Dan.

- Yeah, sure! smiled Max.

The two lovebirds joined the other teens, holding their hands.

- She like ice skating? asked Jane.

- Nope, she is more ice hockey, answered Beverly.

- Kings.