Chapter 38 : The return

It was Monday morning. Max quickly prepared herself. She didn't know why she was in a hurry to go to school because Jane never told she was coming back today, she just told she would see if she would come back. And she should be exhausted, she spent her Sunday helping her uncle and aunt moving on their new house. She didn't even know why she did that, it was awkward, she wasn't really close to them and now they thought she wanted to spend more time with her, they already proposed her a dinner! By luck, she politely declined before being stuck in another messy dinner. She had done enough! Anyway, now she was ready so she began to walk in direction of the school.

When the redhead entered the building, something had changed. There were groups of people around lockers, seeming all happy and not believing something. She kept walking and saw some lockers with jewels or diverse objects taped on them. Max frowned, not understanding what was happening, but was cut by Mike walking to her with something in his hands.

- My guitar reappeared! he stated, showing it to the redhead.

- I see! I told you it wasn't Jane!

- What!? Of course it was her! Everybody's stuff reappeared! Someone certainly found their hiding place and brought the stuff back!

- Yeah, it's certainly that! answered sarcastically Max, rolling her eyes.

She kept walking, hitting his shoulder with hers, and went to her locker. Jane wasn't there. Max was disappointed but not really surprised, just because she asked her to come back didn't mean she would do it!

- Hey, greeted Bev, cutting Max in her thoughts.

- Hi, smiled Max.

- Will's bike came back.

- Same for Mike's guitar.

- It's great, maybe they will stop accusing the ex-prisoners.

- I don't think so, Mike is still sure it's Jane who stole them.

- Really!? What a cunt.

- Yeah, I stop trying to convince him, I preferred keeping my way.

- Yeah, it's better for him, chuckled Beverly.

- Clearly, smirked the other redhead.

The two redheads were cut by the entrance doors brutally opening. A group of ex-prisoners walked in with self-confidence, led by Jane. All the teens in the halls turned to them, looking with a frown, not understanding why they were still there.

- Jane! You came back! exclaimed happily Bev. And you bring back everyone!

- Um, yeah, smiled the other girl. You can't get rid of us like that, we always come back.

- It's great! I'm glad you all did!

The others nodded to her with a smile before all going to their lockers.

- YOU!

The three girls looked back and saw Alban, red of anger. He approached Jane with a quick walk and grabbed her jacket. He tried to block her against her locker but Jane didn't move at all, making ridiculous the situation.

- What's wrong Piss hair? asked Jane with sarcasm.

- I know it's you, you used my baseball bat!

- I used your baseball bat?

- You used my baseball bat.

- Why I would have your baseball bat?

- You know why! stated angrily Alban.

- You really wanna talk about it?

- You broke my entire house, and stole everything!

- I don't know what you're talking about, smirked Jane.