Chapter 23 : Mr.Bear

The end of the week was weird. The tension between Jane and Mona increased, but none of them made the first step, just some provocation by talking but not more. The girl hadn't lots of classes with them, but the ones where she was, became the worst. She had bad aura and she was stinking, like, way more than Jane!

To give them some courage, they decided to spend their Saturday lunchtime at the Dinner, not far from the coffee shop where Max was working. They were all around their table, on two red restaurant sofas, near the shop window, eating their burgers and French fries.

- So, Lucas, you do something for your birthday? asked Mike, chewing his burger.

- Hell no, since last year, my mom doesn't want me to do another party, it was such a mess!

- Oh yeah, oh my god, we needed two days to clean everything! chuckled Bev.

- Exactly, that's why my mom said no!

- Next time don't invite the entire school, told Dustin.

- I wanted to have a party like the others! It's the best! And everyone remember this party, it was a mess but it's settled in History! People will remember me.

- For the worst party ever! stated Max.

- Still remember.

The group of friends giggled while Max playfully rolled her eyes and Lucas nodded with a proud smile. Their moment of complicity was ruined by the entrance of a group of teenagers they knew more than good. The ex-prisoners sat at the table next to them, without noticing they were there. The entire table tensed their bodies and looked angrily at each other, even when they had a moment of peace they had to be here!

- I'm surprised Fat Monass didn't kill you for now! stated Anna.

- Pigs leave on Monday, it will begin, answered Jane.

- You will come back!? frowned Jolan.

- Sometimes. You think a waiter is gonna come to us?

- 'Not sure, they saw us but...they seem to hesitate between serving us or kicking us out.

- They can't kick us out, right? told Melissa. I mean, we're legal now!

- We're legal when they want! And it's almost never! replied Anna.

The table scoffed, used to this kind of situation, it was common for them. The four teens turned to the bar where the waiter and the cook were talking and all waved to them to get their attention. The cook, who was the owner of the place, shacked his head to say no to them. Jane dropped her hand on the table, rolled her eyes and turned again, Anna sighed loudly with her mouth and leaned back to the sofa, Jolan and Melissa both raised their hands to the air meaning "what the hell!?" in the direction of the two men.

- Let it go, said Jane.

- But we're customers! affirmed Melissa.

- No, we're not, not for them, we're garbage.

- They should be gutted! I wanna my grub! grumbled Jolan.

- You won't! Stop cry!

The young boy grumbled some inaudible things and closed his fist until it got red.

- You look knackered, stated Melissa.

- I wake up very early, answered Jane.

- Work?

- Yep.

- Still construction site?

- Yep.

- Shit, you gonna die in there!