Chapter 24 : Figurine

Max was still shocked by the violence Jane had been victim, even after one week. They didn't have to do that! They were already controlling her, she was so terrified! It was the first time she saw her like that. It was even the last time she saw her, at all! Even if she was still mad at her, she was kinda worried now, she hoped she was ok and was just recovering at her home. She arrived at school and joined her group of friends. It was Lucas' birthday and the party bought him a present.

- Hey stalker, happy birthday! smiled the redhead.

- Thanks MadMax! answered happily Lucas.

- So, as we are all here, we can give you your present, told Mike.

- You bought me something!?

- Like every year! answered Max.

- I know, but I'm always sensitive.

- Yeah, don't cry! mocked Bev.

Lucas chuckled. Mike put his bag on the floor and searched inside to take off the present. When Lucas unwrapped it, he discovered a figurine of Venom from Spiderman.

- Oh! Guys! This too much! said Lucas with wide opened eyes. Thank you!

The young boy took all his friends one by one in his arms to thank them. The group began to go in the school, when a hand grabbed the boy's present and took it. They all turned around and saw Fat Monass with her two lapdogs with her.

- Hey! It's mine! grumbled Lucas.

- Uh...No! It's mine! told the tall girl with a vicious smile.

- No! It's my present for my birthday! Give it back!

Mona looked at her friends before laughing out loud like if he made a joke. She placed her sweaty hand, doing the size of his head, on his face, and pushed him brutally. The young boy lost his balance and fell on his ass while Mona was walking away with his present. Will and Dustin held out their hands and helped their friend to stand.

- I will never see it again...stated Lucas with a sad tone.

- What the fuck is wrong with them!? told angrily Mike.

- Melissa prevented us about Mona, I'm sadly not really surprised, pouted Beverly.

- Yeah and maybe the others will begin to show their real natures!

- Come on Mike, they're not all like that! intervened Dustin.

- Then explain me how everybody's stuff mysteriously disappeared since they are there!?

- Oh please, not again...sighed Max.

- What!? You know I'm right! Look, with Jane, you were nice with her and she treated you like shit!

- Yeah, ok! But it doesn't mean she is a stealer! She is just an asshole!

- Like I always said!

- Come on guys, can we please don't have an argue today? For my birthday? begged Lucas.

Max and Mike looked at each other angrily before nodding. It was useless anyway, both didn't want to change their point of view on this subject. They went in class with no words, still shocked by Mona.

During the lunchtime, Fat Monass was bragging her acquisition of the day. She was purposely looking at them while she was deteriorating it with her food, making laugh the people around.

- I'm sorry...apologized Lucas.

- Dude, it's not your fault! stated Dustin.

- You spent all your money in this figurine and the second after it's stolen!