Chapter 54 : Motel

Jane left the house out of anger. She was done here, Joyce was nice but she would never take her defense when her son was involved. It was like she said, he slapped her but she was the one blamed, like always! She took all her stuff, determined to go far, but she didn't know where. She had nowhere to go. She could go back with Cassandra but, as Max said, she had to stay far from the reasons of her addictions, and her aunt was one of them. She went into the first bus she saw, and let it bringing her somewhere. She arrived at a place she knew and decided to get out of it. She was in the South, where no one was looking at her like a piece of shit. It was full of people like her. She was now walking in the streets, followed by her dog and holing her cat in her arms, looking for a place to spend the night. She arrived near a street where she spent lots of nights, and hesitated. A car parked next to her and the person inside rolled down their window. Jane recognized the black-haired lady inside.

- Hi Jane, it's been a while, smiled the lady.

- Look, I don't do this anymore, I don't even know where the others are, answered Jane.

- I know, but you seem a bit lost and freezing. Is everything ok?

- Yeah, I'm just...looking for a place.

- Well, there is a motel not far from here, we could spend the night there, if you want?

Jane looked away before looking back at the street. She didn't know what to think, this woman offered a warm place to sleep, without implying they would have sex.

- I can take my cat and my dog? asked Jane with an upset tone.

- Of course honey, everyone is welcome.

Jane had a bad feeling. The fake sweet tone this woman was using was hiding something. She was sure it would end in a sexual relation. But it was that or sleeping in the street with the risk to take again drugs. She opened the car door, let Dog and Cat entering, before sitting on the passenger seat.

- I missed you, told the woman, driving.

Jane rolled her eyes.

- I was worried for you, I thought you were arrested.

- Nah, I was with you when they came, mumbled Jane.

- I'm glad they didn't arrest you, you're special. You're my favorite.

- I know.

The black-haired woman kept driving with a smile, her hand on Jane's thigh, rubbing it. Jane began to wonder if she wasn't condemn to do those kind of things to survive. They arrived at the motel, "The Blue Motel". Nothing was blue in there, not even the neon with the name, but Jane didn't try to understand the origin of the name. The lady parked on the dirt. The motel was one floor, with small chambers looking like huts stuck against each other. The creepy woman went to the reception to ask for a key while Jane waited outside. It was deserted, no form of life around, she could be killed here that nobody would notice. The lady came back with the key and opened the room 5. The dog and the cat entered, followed by Jane, seeing only one bed. She sighed, accepting her fate.

- Let's have some fun, murmured sensually the woman in Jane's ear.

She placed a soft kiss on her neck before taking off the young girl's bag from her shoulders. She then locked the two animals in the bathroom before taking off a bottle of Whisky from her own bag and small bags with powder or pills or pot inside.

- I stopped, told Jane, looking at it with too much insistence.

- Just for tonight, it won't kill you, right? said softly the woman.

She patted the chair next to hers, all the illegal products on the table in front of it. Jane sighed with her nose and sat next to her. She lighted a cigarette, trying to resist, while the woman was sniffing a line.

- Oh yeah, I can feel it! stated the black-haired woman.

She, then, filled a glass with Whisky and got closer to Jane, placing the drink in her hand. The woman caressed Jane's hair, her face against the young girl's neck, biting lightly her skin.

- He still doesn't look at me.

- I know, answered the ex-prisoner.

- We're married for twenty-two years and now, it's like we don't know each other, said the woman. Take a drink, I need you to comfort me.

- Yeah, yeah...

The young girl looked at the golden liquid in her hand, smelling the aroma, intoxicating her. She poured it in her mouth, letting the liquid flowing in her throat, burning it and warming her. She missed this sensation, the comfort it gave her, that feeling of being alive. Something this good couldn't be this bad. She didn't stop here and took another one while the woman was caressing her thigh and ass and kissing her neck. But she didn't care, she just wanted to drink, again and again, getting drunk. She began to feel good, euphoric, enjoying the moment and even the caresses on her.

When she opened her eyes, the light attacked her. Her head was hurting as hell, like if several gongs were banging in her brain. Her mind was blurry, not knowing where she was. She weakly took support on her arms and looked around with only one eye opened. She remembered. The woman, the alcohol and apparently the sex they had. She slowly got out of the bed and put on her clothes before going to the bathroom. She forgot that her cat and her dog were there, both jumping, happy to see her. But she ignored them and bent over the toilet to evacuate her stomach. She collapsed on the floor, trying to steady her by holding the toilet, before sitting next to it, feeling all her energy disappearing. Dog reappeared with an orange juice bottle in his mouth and put it next to her. Jane was feeling sick but she needed energy to get out of here before she woke up. She drank a few mouthfuls and tried to not spit it out. She took the opportunity to have a bathroom to take a shower to wake her up. Once over, she looked in the mirror to note the damage. Her face was pale and red at the same time, she was sweating a lot and her eyes were empty with dark rings under them.

She searched on the woman's black coat and bag some bills that she found, took her bag and left the room with her dog and her cat. She didn't know where she was going, but if it was the only life she was allowed to have, she would do it. To survive.