Chapter 33 : Halloween

Majority of the party was already there. Lucas, in a Spider-man costume, Dustin, wearing a werewolf costume, Mike in Robin Hood, Will in Darth Vader and Beverly in a witch costume. They were waiting in front of Clara's house while the other teenagers were dancing around.

- What is she doing!? grumbled Lucas, cold.

- Taking her time, answered Bev.

- Yeah, I see!

- Relax, her boyfriend is not even there either!

- True, but I'm freezing!

- I see, chuckled the redhead.

Lucas was going to be freed of his pain. The group saw two persons arriving, one with a long white beard, a brown long beanie, a red tee-shirt and brown pants, with another person, limping and having a plaster cast, wearing a green mask, long ears and ripped clothes.

- You took your time! stated Lucas.

- It's not my fault, she is a bit slow, answered Max.

- Why is she here!? grumbled Mike.

- Because I invited her.

- Why!?

- Because I wanted to! I won't justify everything! And I thought I was clear last time when I said I was done with you!?

- We're still friends with the others! intervened angrily Will.

- Then don't talk to me and let me be friend with Jane!

- And where is your boyfriend now!?

- He is already inside, stop being jerks!

- Then let's go inside! told Dustin.

- Um, not now, I mean, not for us, said the redhead.

- What? Why? frowned Lucas.

- Because, I wanted Jane to do the collect before, and if you wanna come, you're welcome.

- No way! replied Mike.

- I wasn't talking to you!

Lucas, Dustin and Beverly looked at each other before smiling.

- Sounds fun, let's go then, said Dustin with enthusiasm.

- Cool, thank you, smiled Max.

Mike and Will left them, both grumbling, not believing them. Lucas, Dustin, Bev, Max and Jane began to walk in the streets. On their way, they bumped into a black girl with long purple hair, wearing a dress, blue on top and yellow on bottom and a red knot in her hair.

- Hey! Snow Black! told Jane, pointing at her!

- What's up Crazy Jane! answered Melissa.

- We're collecting candies, wanna come?

- Um, yeah, why not! If it's fine?

- Of course it is! said Lucas. Let's go!

The group of friends went to the first house. An old lady opened to them with a smile and a big salad bowl full of candies. Max, Bev, Lucas and Dustin all held out their bags in her direction, waiting for the presents, while Jane and Melissa stayed back, not really knowing what to do.

- Just, hold out your bags, explained Max.

Jane and Melissa looked at each other before shyly opening their bags. The lady had a confused face but kept her smile while she gave them the candies.

- It's their first Halloween, explained Dustin.

- Oh, I see, don't worry, nothing bad will happen to you, smiled the woman.