17. Speaking with The Tsahik

I followed this Tsahik lady up through the tree, looking around in amazement at the giant hollowed interior of the trunk of this tree. It's amazing, the architecture to make such a large living space work. I am studying everything I can while scrambling to keep my balance in these touch new boots on the steep spiral branch... in fact, studying it now, it looks more like the Omaticaya of the past influenced a large vine to grow up the center of the hollowed tree. How long this must have taken with primitive tools... astonishing. We continued to climb as I looked up and am surprised to see a huge mushroom with a large hole in the center above us, the hole being where this spiral is going through... We climbed up and beyond it as I looked in surprise at the giant flat disk of room, the mushroom is strangely tiered, making rings of sitting areas, and the Omaticaya had created a ring around the interior walls of the tree, baskets are set down upon them and some Na'vi are sitting and eating in this area.

Oh, it's like a dining area, wow, this tree is very fascinating. I looked up and swallowed, nearly coming to a stop. Stretching far, far up into the trunk of the tree is the spiral, only things look... kind of different. The spiral had connections to the inner walls of the trunk, interconnecting and forming branches inside the tree, the walls of the tree here don't appear carved like below, in fact the inner area here has bark on it's walls, and the inner branches and this spiral now appear more like living connected sections of the tree itself... Are there Grand Tree's naturally hollow? I mean... being as big as they are? I guess it would make sense on the weight. we climbed up to the first flat connecting inner branches of the tree, and I am reminded more of walkways in a large tower, though these had been carefully carved to be flat and give space for the Omaticaya. Several hunters and a few women are sitting on the branch talking and laughing in Na'vi, right next to a hole in the tree that led to one of those large circle disk mushrooms I noticed on the outside, in fact it looks similar to the mushroom platform below.

We kept going higher and higher as it grew harder and harder to distract myself with the different levels of the tree from the fact that I am very, very far from the ground. With no safety equipment. I forced myself through sheer will to not look back at the teenage female following me and the Tsahik. I am afraid that, if I do? I will pass out from sheer fear at how high we are off of the ground. We passed through more flat branch levels, each one having more and more openings out of the tree onto mushrooms, or just holes to the world outside. Slowly, these holes began to come out on thick branches, some of them carved from the tree, some appearing more natural.

We passed another level created with a large donut shaped mushroom as I studied it curiously for a distraction from my fear of how high up we are. I noticed curiously that there are carved flat rocks, a small loom, string and something fluffy they are making string from. The largest opening yet went out onto a huge branch that is carved to be flat, and had odd little seats. I noticed how the clearing of the branches gave a perfect view of the sky above, surprising on a branch so low.

Every level we passed had Omaticaya sitting and talk, or weaving with a unique loom, some where carving and creating leather pieces for themselves or working on odd saddles, some of the saddles I recognized as the one's I saw on the Direhorses below. Other saddles some Omaticaya are working on... I didn't recognize. There is even one Na'vi female watering strange mushrooms growing on the interior of the tree that looked like cups stuck halfway in the wall, reminding me a little of paintings of tulips, but these are glowing green as she fills the cup inside the mushroom with water. Another female is using crude tools to gently scrape faint glowing green goo from the inside of the tulip shaped mushrooms. I knew what it is the moment I saw it as she poured the goop off of the crude tools into a basket made from the shell of some plant. I saw that same substance on the arrows stuck into the giant tire of one of the mining vehicles on Hell's Gate.