26. Face Fear

"No, no, it is Good Morning to you, may the wings of light bless your day." I said in TULTE, sitting cross legged on a branch, Tsu'tey below on another branch, skinning a deer like creature he found and caught while forcing me to run.

Since he was skinning it, I decided to teach him more of Tula, as my language and country is actually called in my language. We had been quizzing each other on and off, him with me in Na'vi, I with him in Tula.

"Good Morning to you, the wings bless you day." He said roughly in Tula, but dang is he a fast learner. He seems to enjoy showing me up on who can learn faster as he looked up and smirked in his annoying way. I frowned at him, at least he has, nearly, stopped glaring at me.

No, now he more scowls then glares and growls.

"Proud Scowl." I grumbled, Tsu'tey freezing in his cutting up of the meat of that creature. He looked up, a furrow in his brows making me nervous that I somehow gave away what that means in teaching him Tula.

"You teach me scowl, Dumb Twig." He growled. I grimaced, well...

"Err..." I trailed off as he glared, "Well, you can't say much, your name for me is still worse." I pointed out, making him huff angrily.

"I gut you if you not tell me full name." He growled, bone knife held in the air like I threat. Well then.

"I thought we got past death threats?" I said carefully, backing up on the mossy branch I sat on.

"No if you keep insult and do insult and I do not know." He growled. I raised my hands.

"Fine, fine, it means Proud Scowl, you happy?" I huffed in annoyance.

"Dumb Twig." He growled, going back to cutting up the meat. Well, at least he didn't gut me like he promised. He pointed his knife to the deer like creature he was cutting up.

"You quiz me, I now quiz you. What is this in Na'vi?" He said, still sounding irritated. I looked down, frowning as I rooted around in my brain for the name.

"Yerik?" I asked.

"Yes, you still say it 'A' and not 'E'." He grumbled.

"Sorry." I said.

<><><><><><><>

I clicked on the camera, yawning hugely from the place I set the camera up in the link trailer.

"Well, I have totally lost track of time, everything seems to roll in repetition so much I hardly remember what day it is." I said, rubbing at my eyes.

"There is so much to learn from the Omaticaya. I thought I understood how to view nature, I thought my TULTE upbringing taught me as much, but clearly I was wrong. The more I learn, the more I see." I said thoughtfully, smiling.

I then frowned, "Tsu'tey is the roughest teacher I have ever had to deal with in all my life, and I have had some rough ones. With him you learn, or he threatens you. Then, even once you have learned, he threatens you. I don't quite understand him but..." I dropped my voice sadly, "I guess he and I share one thing in common, the loss of love to death. Tsu'tey doesn't know that I know this, then again he doesn't know I have also suffered such loss." I closed my eyes.

"It's... getting easier. While my heart aches with the thought of what could have been, it isn't as horrible as it was now. I know he is gone, but I need to look to the positives. He lived a happy life all the way up to his death. He taught me a lot and helped me prepare for coming here, to Pandora. Without him I do not think I ever would have made it on the Venture Star. I thank him everyday for that, even if he can no longer hear." I said, leaning on my hand on top of my link.