Chapter 1

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for viewing my work!
I update chapters daily and I'm very friendly so please pop up and say Hi!

Hope you enjoy the roller-coaster your about to go on.
Please follow me for updates, vote and comment! It means the world to me.

Josephine Langford as Nova Anderson.

Henry Cavill as Xavier Laywood

These are how I picture these characters, but you can picture them however you want

*I do not own any rights to these pictures.*

This is dedicated to @JeanetteSim4. I can't Thank You enough for kindness. You have given me the confidence to keep going and you have become invaluable to me. I look forward to your lovely comments on every chapter and the support you give me.
I started this story excited that maybe one person might read what I have written. But I could never imagine such a lovely person helping me every step of the way. Your truly a superstar. ❤️💫🌸

Love Sam xoxo

"I'll try and be what he loves to call me, "a little woman," and not be rough and wild; but do my duty here instead of wanting to be somewhere else."-Jo March, Little Women.

Neither Before, Middle or End

Chapter 1

A loud knock made my father wince. "Who the hell is that!" He tried to stand, but he was too drunk to coordinate himself and slumped back in his filthy worn leather chair clutching his head and groaned.

"Nova get the fucking door! Make yourself useful for once." He sneered angrily.

I quickly put down my book and smoothed out my dress, my father was a violent drunk and I didn't want to give him any reason to use his fists today. Not on me, but, he has a horrible habit of attacking walls and furniture when the mood strikes him, which is often this days.
I quickly walked along the old worn floorboards as they creaked under my feet, praying silently that they wouldn't knock again and antagonise my father even more.
It's probably Bill from across the road wanting to spend his wages in the pub and hoping father will join him.
I don't think you're in luck tonight Bill, father can barely stand after consuming a few bottles of cheap whiskey he brought back after work. He was already half a bottle down before he got through the front door.