Chapter 61

Nova

The moment Xavier closes the door I fall down to the floor. What just happened?
One moment he was this attentive caring man making love to me with his lips, and then a wild desire developed deep within. His kisses got more forceful as his body lost all control that he lead on instinct rather than love.
When I felt his hardness pressing into my core - It scared me. This normally controlled man that I love, didn't have any restraint left and it terrified me.

I honestly thought he was going to take me there and then and when he pushed further I tried to say something but he silenced me with his lips. I thought maybe he was going to slow down and at least let me think about what was happening. But it all happened so fast, that when I felt him again I screamed at him, terrified he was going to force his way inside of me.

But when he stopped and moved off me, I began to regret being so forceful with him. He's never once lost control before now and while it scared me, it also thrilled me a little to know that I have that effect on him.
That pure unadulterated lust and need that he has for me, makes my core tingle, yet makes my chest feel tight, I wanted to apologise, but he just left and the worst of all is he looked defeated, angry and disgusted at himself.

I don't want him to feel that way.

I know if I would have just said the words 'no' calmly before everything got out of hand, he would have stopped. But for some reason I couldn't find my voice, too caught up in his kisses.

I need to find him and put it right. Yes, he scared me, but he wouldn't force himself on me. I know that. I know inside of him he would have made sure I was okay.

I stand up and look for something to cover me with, I can't see my dressing gown anywhere, but I can see the nightgowns placed on my dressing table.  I snatch the white one and pull it over my head in search for my husband.

I just hope he hasn't gone far, but as soon as I'm out of our room I can hear a thumping sound.

Smack
Smack
Smack

And Xaviers groans, like he's trying to get out his anger.
My heart starts to pound as I listen trying to figure out which room he's in. It's too dark and I didn't bring an oil lamp with me.

The noise is coming from a room further down, as I walk hearing the thumps get louder.

I slowly push the door open, not knowing what I'm going to find.

I scan the darkroom as it takes a few seconds to focus, but I can see a tall figure of a man punching something big, and solid-looking thing as it moves with each hit landed on it.
The moon shining through the window casts a silver glow on Xaviers back, as he keeps punching the object over and over again. With angry groans making my heart pound harder.
He hasn't seen me, as I stand gawping at his tall broad frame relentlessly pounding his fists.

That is until the floorboard creaks under my feet and he turns to meet my gaze.
He seems out of breath as he wipes his hand down his face, "You can't be here Nova, I'm not in control yet." He exclaims, "Please for the love of God, just go!" As he punches the swinging bag once more, making me jump.

I bite my lip and look down, maybe I should have just stayed in our room.

No, I'm not going to let him run from this.