Chapter 62

Lover- Taylor Swift & Shawn Mendes.

I wake to peppered kisses trailing on my cheeks, nose, and neck as the familiar scent of Xavier lulls me out of my slumber.
Sleepy giggles gush from my lips, as his have claimed a sensitive spot beneath my ear, his warm breath and the stubble on his chin, sends a shiver down my spine.
"Good morning Wife." He whispers as my eyes flutter open and I look into his chocolate eyes, I'm afraid that one day, I will need a life jacket so I don't drown completely into his chocolatey depths.

"Good morning Husband, someone seems perky this morning." I tease as he places a warm hand on my hip pulling me closer, his eyes close as he kisses my lips tenderly, like feathers in the air.

last nights events unfold in my mind, as I remember what I did to Xavier. And then in turn, what he did to me. His insatiable licking and touching my body till I came multiple times, crying out his name, that I'm sure I passed out from exhaustion overwhelms my senses. My body prickles just thinking about the way he looked up at me from between my thighs, and the way I ended up pulling the bed sheet off as his tongue devoured my core taking me to the stars and back.

But all too soon a knock on our door brings us both up for air. As a groan escapes Xavier's lips, "That will be Aunt Iris, coming to collect the sheets."
A flush of warmth works it way up my cheeks as I look to the side of the bed where the offending sheet in question is. Even though it's not my blood on them, I still feel embarrassed that people will see them and know that I'm no longer a virgin - yet I am, which they can't know.

Xavier quickly gets up and starts to pull on his trousers hiding his obvious arousal, and throws me my nightgown that somehow got ripped from my body in our passion.
The knock on the door gets louder as Xavier curses under his breath, he bends down to pick up the sheet and inspects it before looking to me to make sure I'm decent. I've put the nightgown on and pulled the covers up to my chin internally cringing.

In a swift motion Xavier opens up the door a little as his head pokes through, I can hear a woman on the other side greet him as he passes the sheet through the gap, then proceeds to tap his fingers on the wood of the door frame with his empty hand.

"Please tell everyone we won't be joining them for the bridal breakfast, due to the forecast for heavy rain we need to leave early this morning," Xavier says through the door. I try to listen but I can't hear her reply.

"Yes I know its customary, but I'm not putting my wife through any unnecessary humiliation. So if you will excuse me, we need to get ready." With that, he closes the door and turns to me.
I raise my eyebrow, at his harsh tone towards his aunt.
But he just grins and walks over to me getting back into bed and pulling me towards him.

"What?" He teases, looking down to my face.

"Thank you," I say laying my head onto his chest.

"What for, my love?"

"For standing up for me, and saying we won't be attending the bridal breakfast. You don't know how much I was dreading that." 

"I will always stand up for you, I will never make anyone humiliate you in any sense of the word. Your mine and it's my duty to protect you, with my life if I have too."

*******
We've been in the countryside for a few days so far, Xavier brought us to a cottage with nothing but fields surrounding us, a secluded place for our honeymoon. He said that when he discovered this cottage a while ago even before we were engaged, he could picture us having a picnic in the summer as our children ran around free without a care in the world. I never knew his feelings for me ran that deep that he pictured this for us, when he had no hope for us to ever be married.
The image of our future children exploring the woods and flowers while we watched, bubbled with my emotions. I didn't even blink an eye when he said he had bought it as an escape and a promise for our future.
I knew in that exact moment I wanted everything this man could ever give me. Especially a loving family of our own.
This is our place, our place in the world just for us.