Chapter 21

I'm awoken by Angeles opening the door and pulling the tin bath behind her with a struggle. Water is spilling over the sides as she huffs.
"The silly thing isn't moving today." She exclaims in frustration.

"Angeles, did you release the lock on the wheels?" I ask getting out of bed to help her.

"There's a lock?" She replies as she looks down to try and find it.

"Yes it's here." I find the button and press it with my foot unlocking the wheels.

Angeles pulls the bath and it slides easily over the floor.

"Why did no one tell me about the lock on the wheels!" She says as she puts her hands on her hips looking down to the wheels like she's planning their destruction.

She turns to me and laughs.

"Well as you can see, I've brought you a half full bath this morning." She grins.
Then she looks to me like she's remembered something.
"You really do have such rotten luck lately don't you?" She teases.

I look at her confused.

"What do you mean?" I ask, bewildered at her comment.

"Well Dr Laywood said you would require a bath this morning, due to your time of the month!" She exclaims.
"Well as you can imagine, I was horrified he even spoke those words!"
With that Angeles puts her hand to her chest in horror.
"So I asked him how he knew it was your special time."

Oh god. Please say he didn't tell her.

"He said a doctor always knows these things!" She says with her brown eyes wide.
"I hope he doesn't know when it's my special time. I won't be able to look him in the eye anymore." She muses in thought. "Maybe it's a super power only doctors have." She places her finger on her chin staring into space.
"Or maybe I will just hide away for a few days so he can't see me. Then he can't know its my special lady time, can he?" She asks still thinking of ways to make sure Xavier never knows about her 'Special lady time'.

I smile and try to keep my laughter in. Angeles is so naive and innocent to think that of Xavier. I can really see she's worried that he might have psychic  powers or something. Her sweet freckled face is screwed up in concentration. She's so gullible, but in the best way.

"Anyway, let's get you bathed and ready for the day!" She claps her hands in glee.

Soon we have entered the dinning room and I greet Mr Laywood and Xavier.
I turn to see Angeles hasn't followed me. She's still lingering in the doorway.

"Scared your going to kiss the floor again Angeles." Xavier voice booms with amusement.

I shoot him a look to say shut up!
Then turn to Angeles but, she struts right passed me.

"No actually, I think the floor is all kissed out." She replies with a tease. I cough in shock, looking straight to Xavier.

Xavier winks and I quickly check that Mr Laywood hasn't seen. But he's too busy reading the newspaper to notice.

Angeles pulls out a chair next to Xavier and I sit down.

"I will see you later Miss Nova, enjoy your breakfast." As she walks to the door. She turns around and gives Xavier a knowing look before she leaves.

I giggle quietly.

"What was that about?" Xavier asks, with a confused look.

"She thinks your psychic." I reply with amusement over my face.