Chapter 47

Soon the sun has risen, signalling a new day has begun. We make our way back to the house, and I reach to take Xavier's hand in mine. I can't stop the smile that's on my lips, as I feel so happy, my heart feels full at knowing more about Xavier and my mother. I feel ready to take on the world.
I'm not that ignorant to know, real life isn't all fairytales and happy endings, but it's the first time since I've been here I feel hopeful.
I look to Xavier and see he's tired, dark shadows highlight his under eyes as his dark lashes brush them.

"Did you get any sleep before you woke me?" I ask concerned for him.

But he shakes his head and kisses my hand.
"No, I was too preoccupied in planning for the week ahead." He winks.
I can't help but feel he's given me the best so far, I can't imagine he could do anything else to top this. A memory I will cherish for the rest of my life.

Soon we are outside my bedroom, and Xavier gently pulls the coat off me, till I'm standing in just my nightgown. It's still very early and I doubt anyone would be awake yet to see me so underdressed.

"You best get some rest before Angeles wakes." He smiles, moving his head towards me.

"Mmhmm." My lips say as they part lightly in anticipation of what is coming next.
His breath is hot on my nose as he angles his head, towards my lips. An automatic response, I stand on tiptoes meeting his lips halfway, kissing his soft yet firm lips with mine. My eyes flutter and close as I taste him, he kisses me like I'm made out of China and I groan into his mouth wanting more. But his tongue lightly traces my bottom lip, controlled and sensual like always. I can feel the tension in his shoulders as he's controlling himself, yet I wish he wouldn't. But all too soon he's broken the kiss and pulled away, with a deep sigh.

With heavy-lidded eyes, I look to him and his swollen lips, the desire that's like a storm in his dark eyes.

"Why did you stop?" I ask almost pleading him to kiss me again.

He runs his hand down his face and groans. I know he doesn't want to stop, I can see the fire of need behind his eyes and the tightness of his body, wound up so tightly waiting to release. I know if I looked to his trousers, his hardness would be straining. My core tingles deliciously, knowing I have that effect on him.

"Because..." He breathes out, slightly breathless from our kiss.
"Because, I'm trying to be a gentleman, that is until we are married." He winks with a sexy smirk.

I'm shocked at how respectful he's trying to be, especially as his hands have previously explored my body and his tongue for that matter. I bite my lip at the memory, as my knees feel weak.
I cough a little and look to him.

"Well that's if I want to marry someone that lacking the whole kiss me like I can't breathe thing, I hear it's very enjoyable." I tease.

He chuckles and I can see his eyes get darker as a seductive smirk plays on his lips. He moves closer as his features harden and I swallow moving my back flat against my door, it's almost scary how powerful he is, yet I know it's Xavier and he wouldn't hurt me physically.
"I think you will find I'm not 'lacking' in any department." He says seductively as he brings my hand from the door and lightly places it over his hard, straining crotch, he grits his teeth from my touch as my lips part with a breathless gasp. I feel flushed and dizzy as my core dampens. I look to the hard bulge straining in his trousers, that I'm touching with my hand, and bite my lip.
"But you will just have to marry me to experience what I have to offer." He says lightly, smiling at my reaction and moving my hand carefully away. I feel a soft kiss to my nose, and I close my eyes, feeling as aroused as he.

As quick as the kiss ends he moves his hand to the door opening it, as I gasp falling backwards, just as his hand snakes around my lower back catching me, and pulling my body into his, feeling every hard curve of his torso pushed into mine.