Chapter 19

When we finally get back it's after midnight.
The Estate is in darkness, except for the flicker of candles lighting up the hallways.
We walk in silence to my room, and once we get there Xavier bends down to place more wood on the fire. It's cold, but the fire comes back to life and I can feel the warmth starting to spread out.

I stand with my fingers warming by the fire, thawing out.

"I best let you get some sleep now." Xavier says, looking unsure and a bit nervous.

"Can I come back to the clinic in the morning?" I ask in hope that I don't have any more best rest.

"If you feel up to it, I don't see why not." He states as he moves closer to me.

He's going to kiss me.
But just as I lick my lips for the impending kiss. He surprises me by gently placing a kiss on my forehead. I close my eyes. This seems more intimate than a kiss on my lips.
When I open them he's gone.

Feeling tired I start to undress. I take off my dress and place it over the chair. Then I pull the ribbon from my corset but it's stuck. I pull and pull but if anything it feels tighter. My cleavage spills out at the top and I start to panic as the corset is too tight.
I try to push it down, then pull it up but it won't budge.

I open the door trying to take deep breaths as the corset is squashing my chest, and knock on Angeles door.
She doesn't answer, so I open it slightly and see Angeles sprawled out asleep in her bed mouth open and snoring quietly. Her blonde hair is a mess and scattered over her pillow, as the covers are halfway down her body and one leg is sticking out of the bed. A thick nightgown and one long sock are visible.
The sight before me makes me smile.

Angeles room is a lot smaller than mine and more modest. Not painted or decorated with pictures on the walls. She's sleeping in a small single bed and has a little dressing table in front of the window with a small mirror, then a small wardrobe with dresses spilling out of it and a little wooden chair is placed by the fire. I can see a blanket thrown over it.
I smile.
I couldn't imagine her room any other way. She doesn't strike me to be neat and tidy.
Closing the door with a sigh,  I don't want to wake her up. She looks so peaceful, even with her soft snores.

The only other person I know who's still awake is Xavier.
With another deep breath, I lightly knock on his door and wait for him to open. Feeling foolish and embarrassed.

I hear footsteps and then the door opens. He's standing there topless with a confused look on his face.
I can't help but stare at his magnificent body. His broad chest, his strong muscular arms and shoulders. His toned abs and the dark line of hairs from his navel to his trousers.

I look up quickly hoping he hasn't seen me gawping at him. But I'm greeted with eyes with fire in them. He takes in my appearance, and I remember the corset has pushed my breasts up so much that I look very in proper for an unmarried woman. Especially standing in front of a man.

The look of confusion is apparent in his eyes as he waits for me to speak.

"The.. The.. Corset, it won't untie." I stutter, feeling the embarrassment rush up to my cheeks.

I should have just woken Angeles.

He swallows, but nods. Then nods in the direction of my open door directly opposite.
I walk back into the room and turn around to see Xavier following.
I turn my back to him and lift my blonde curls to show him the ribbon of my corset.

"Can you try and untie it for me. I've somehow managed to pull it even tighter instead of loosening it." I exclaim.

He doesn't answer but I feel his fingers on my back getting to work.
Soon the pressure of the corset eases as the ribbon comes apart in his capable hands. He managed to unknot it quickly and I wonder how many corsets he's undone in his time.