Chapter 26

I run as fast as my legs can carry me towards the carriage. I see Percy jump down from his seat above and quickly open the door for me. I must look like a complete mess. My face soaked with tears and my breathing ragged. As I sit down in the carriage I see Xavier quickly get in behind me. He must of followed me to get here so quick.
I turn my head away not wanting to look at him and wish we didn't have to be in the same carriage for the journey home, the carriage quickly starts to move and I pray we get to the Estate soon.

"Nova, I haven't slept with Hannah since we kissed the night I took you to the beach. I promise." His voice is so desperate and more tears escape my eyes.
"I would never do that to you, I would never cheat on you or anyone."
Cheat on me, were we ever officially together?

"But you still slept with her Xavier! I met her this morning, did you know that? Angeles told her we were going on a date today. She was practically In tears and I had no idea why! Now I do! You used her just like you used Mabel!" I scream, not caring if Percy hears or not.

"Mabel was different, we used each other Nova! It wasn't just one sided! Why do you make me out to be a monster all the time? Like I prey on vulnerable women. Do you know how that makes me feel?"

"How you feel? How does it make me feel! You tell me I'm beautiful, that I'm like no other you've met before. Yet you've probably said those words a hundred times to girls just to sleep with them!" I say angrily.
"I let you touch me, that meant something to me Xavier. I realise it was nothing special to you because you've done it countless times before, but to me it meant that I trusted you enough to do that. But you just came to me straight after throwing Hannah away!
Then I find out you have a fiancé! Your engaged to be married! Mabel, Hannah and myself mean nothing to you. You have your future to look forward to and your just having fun in the meantime! I say, trying to catch my breath.
I see Xavier shaking his head in disbelief.

"What Ive told you and what I did to you, meant more to me than you know Nova. I'm not interested in getting between your legs. If you remember rightly, you asked for me to touch you. Not the other way around!" He shouts back.

I gasp. My mind replaying what he just said. You asked me to touch you, not the other way around.

"Nova please I didn't mean it that way, I'm sorry!" Xavier says trying to grab my hand.
But I don't let him. I turn away and try and make myself as small as possible watching the outside go by.
We sit in silence, my tears still streaming down my face and Xavier is holding his face in his hands.

Finally the carriage stops and we are back to the Laywoods Estate.
I look to Xavier with devastion all over my face. Then open the door and jump down and run towards the house. I know this time he's not following me.

As soon as I get into the Estate I run to  my room passing a bewildered Angeles on the way.
"Nova, Nova slow down! You know I'm not very good at keeping upright at the best of times!" Angeles calls behind me, with her footsteps matching mine.
I get into room as Angeles nearly crashes into me.
"What happened?" She asks out of breath.

"He's Engaged Angeles and he's been sleeping with Hannah!" I say between sobs.
Angeles doesn't look shocked from my revelation and looks down to her shoes.
"You knew didn't you?" I say waiting for her to look at me.

"I tried to tell you this morning Nova, I am so very sorry. Mr Laywood knocked just as I was going to tell you, everything I swear Nova." She says touching my arm.
I nod. I believe her sincerity.

"That's why I was so shocked and slightly upset when I saw he was in your bed this morning, especially as Hannah has been moping around since he ended things with her."