Chapter 4

It was time to meet Minato for dinner by the time I sifted through all the information Ibiki had for me. I bowed deeply and thanked him before leaving.  Thankfully, to anyone on the outside, it would look as though I had just completed some training. I exited the interrogation building and walked toward the barbeque restaurant.

Though it was faint, I could still feel my entourage following me. Strange, but it could become useful. I detoured to a back alley and waited. Ryo and Aya fell silently in front of me, both looking quite concerned. "Why are you still here?"

Ryo scratched his nose. "Something doesn't feel right, I can't leave you here unless I know you're safe."

I saw Aya nod silently beside him. "I trust you both to make that decision, but since you are still here, I need you to trail this man and give me updates on his movements." I handed them a picture of their target. "Any questions?"

They both smiled and shook their heads. "Good, now go and don't get caught, I can't protect you as I do elsewhere if something happens." They nodded and slipped into the night. Why are they so happy?

Kurama chuckled. You just gave them permission to remain here. They do hate to leave your side.

I rolled my eyes. I'm sure if you had the chance, you would run the first chance you got.

Kurama thought a moment. Maybe, maybe not.

I heard the contemplation in his words. Whatever, stupid Fox. I approached the restaurant and was stopped at the door. "The likes of you are not allowed to dine here." I ignored the man and moved to walk past him. "I said you can't come in." I body flickered behind him. He spun and grabbed my arm when he noticed. "You-"

I gave him a deadly glare, stopping him short. "If you want to keep your hand, let go. If you want to keep your life, stop talking." He was stunned. "Your choice."

A hand grabbed his wrist and roughly pulled him off of me. "Let's not stain this lovely restaurant with blood, shall we?"

I looked up to Kakashi's voice and smiled. "Long time, no see."

He raised a hand with a closed eyed smile. "Yo." He released the man and escorted me to my table. Minato, Naruto, Shisui, and Sasuke were all waiting.

I chuckled. "Well, I must really be late to the party if I'm coming in with Kakashi."

They all laughed, and Kakashi sighed. "I'm actually on time."

I smiled at him and poked his side. "I know." I looked at the table and couldn't help but feel someone missing. "So, how is life here in the Leaf?"

They all smiled as I slid into my chair. I noticed the chair beside me was empty, and it made me sad, I also noted one beside Minato was vacant, which was curious. I turned to Naruto, who had stolen the show with a story about his training. Soon, a waitress came to take our orders she smoothly took everyone's order, except mine.

Sasuke grabbed her sleeve. "Hey, you didn't get my sister's order."

The woman smiled down at him. "What, sister?"

Naruto stood. "How about the only girl sitting at the table old hag!"

I snapped my fingers at the two of them. "Leave it, boys."

Minato frowned at her and opened his mouth to speak. "If you won't serve us all, then we can go elsewhere." The voice alone made me smile, and I turned to see Itachi standing behind me.

The waitress stopped in her tracks, blushing at the site of him. Gross, he's less than half your age. "Well... I must have overlooked the little de- girl. I apologize." She took his order, then reluctantly took mine.

I turned to him. "I thought you were on a mission."

He barely nodded. "Hn." I nudged him with my shoulder before turning my attention to Sasuke, who was trying to give us a better story than Naruto. I felt a comforting nudge in my head. I'm happy you're home, Chihiro.

I felt the emotion behind the thought, and it warmed my heart. They haven't changed a bit. Thank you for watching them both, as much as you can anyway.

He inwardly nodded. A promise is a promise.

I felt comforted by the words. How is Anbu life?

I felt his unease. Let's save that for another day. Today is for good thoughts.

I became curious. As you wish. The food came out, and everyone dug in except me. The meat was burnt, the rice smelt old, and the vegetables looked raw. Also, there looked to be some extra liquid that didn't belong. I glared at the waitress, who gave me a small sly smile.

Itachi didn't miss it. We can share. I shook my head slightly, I was too angry to eat. In fact, I was controlling my need to lash out. I felt a hand grab mine under the table. It's okay, we can leave.

His touch dulled the edge of my temper, so I sat back and sighed. The waitress returned and looked directly at me. "Is there a problem?"

My temper spiked again, but Itachi gripped my hand tighter. "I don't know, you tell me."

Minato looked up at my tone, then down at my plate. "That... is unacceptable. Take it back and do it correctly."

She smiled at him. "Lord Hokage, her food is perfectly fine, I assure you."

I gave her a blank stare as she turned back to me. "Then you eat it."

She was taken aback. "Excuse me?"

I pushed the plate towards her. "If this food is perfectly fine as is, then you eat it."

She became furious. "You disgra-"

I stood swiftly, and she looked surprised. "I would hold your tongue. Also, I repeat, if you think this food is worth eating, then you should partake." I handed the plate to her, and her look of disgust was satisfying enough. I turned, snatching my hand away from Itachi's. "I'll see you guys later." Before I burn this place to the ground...