Chapter 46

We'd been traveling 3 days to the destroyed village when I felt two chakra signatures coming toward us. The others prepared to fight while I lazed in my tree, Kurama looked at me curiously. "Aren't you going to reseal me?"

I shook my head. "I don't even know if they'll recognize you."

He frowned. "And if they do?" I shrugged as Minato and Itachi burst through the trees.

Shisui let down his guard. "So, they sent you?"

Minato frowned. "No one sent us. What happened?"

Ryo shrugged as he stowed his blade. "We had to leave. We didn't question it."

Minato's frown deepened. "Where is she?"

They all looked in my direction. "You didn't need to come after us. We aren't going back."

He approached. "What happened?"

I dropped to the ground facing him. "A few old men contemplated forcing me to stay. They got comfortable with my leniency, so I left before anything bad could happen."

His eyes widened. "Forcing you..."

I nodded. "Now you should go back, I really hope you weren't followed. I don't want to harm your precious Leaf nin."

Itachi's eyes were frozen behind me. "Is that..."

I crossed my arms. "He doesn't concern you."

Itachi frowned. "This is dangerous for both of you."

Minato's eyes trailed behind me. "How?"

Kurama came up behind me. You're reaching your limit. I sighed and formed a hand sign. "Maybe longer next time." He vanished in a puff of smoke. "I've learned many things away from the village, Minato. This is one of them."

Minato frowned. "I agree with Itachi."

I looked away from them. "It's not your concern." They both looked disapproving. "You really should head back, Naruto and Sasuke are waiting for you."

They didn't move, which made Aya and Ryo glance at each other. Shisui stepped
between us. "Maybe they can stay for a bit..." I glared at him. "You did leave without saying goodbye."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever." I jumped back into my tree and closed my eyes.

Shisui watched after me in dismay. "Forgive her, she's..."

Itachi nodded. "Not the same girl she is in the village." He sat under the tree and tried to push into my mind.

I ignored him as Minato sat with Hinata. "Are you okay with this?"

She shrugged. "We were going to leave eventually."

He gave her a sad look. "You can stay if you want."

She smiled and shook her head. "I'll follow, Chi-sensei. I don't want to leave her."

He looked up at me. "I know the feeling." Itachi was persistent. What, Uchiha?

I felt his relief. Is this about the marriage?

I rolled my eyes. It doesn't matter.

Chihiro...

Itachi.

I can't help if you don't tell me anything.

Why? Either way, we would have to leave, I refuse to stay in a village that hates me and now wants to confine me. No.

Itachi sighed. You left without saying anything... it worried me.

I didn't have a choice.

What does my father have to do with it?

Huh?

You asked if I knew about him and Lord Hyuuga...

It doesn't matter.

I'll ask him myself.

Do that.

Four years...

You'll have missions and such. We may cross paths.

You seem okay with this...

It's nothing new, Itachi. His emotions started to seep through, I recognized a few and frowned. I don't understand why you're upset. We knew this was coming.

But... I thought we had more time.

Yeah, well, it only delayed the inevitable.

Hn.

"Kunoichi..." Aya looked at me expectantly.

I kept my eyes closed. "Yes?" She remained silent, which made me look at her. She shifted her gaze to the trees, and I sighed. "So, you were followed. Take care of it."

She rose, but Minato intercepted her. "I'll speak to them."

I looked at him. "I don't believe a listening bunch would be sent." With that, Minato and Itachi vanished. Soon, there was a struggle. I lowered my head. "I told him." I nodded my head, and we all headed toward it.

Four Anbu surround the duo. "Shisui..." He nodded and appeared beside them, activating his Sharingan.

He looked each of their opponents in the eye, and they stood down, turning to leave. "Let's go, you two." They looked at him but followed us away from the area.

When we reached a small clearing with a stream, I erected a barrier. "Good talk."

Minato frowned. "They want you to come back."

I smirked. "Well, that's a change of pace. Thought you were supposed to stay out of the village you're exiled from." He was silent. "Go home. Ibiki has something for the both of you, which may have saved you a trip."

I was met with more silence, and Shisui gave them a concerned look. "You can't stay... she is not a Leaf shinobi, so she can't be labeled a rogue."

Minato frowned. "But she did kill an elder."

Shisui crossed his arms. "Justified, plus it's not like she won't be protected."

I was getting bored and looked in the direction of our target. We're wasting time with this...

It won't go anywhere.

I've never been known for my patience.

You need to rest anyway, brat. I sighed and took to a tree. "She may need to go back, just to clear things up."

I closed my eyes again. "Or they could attempt to subdue her, I can promise that won't end well."

I was drifting to sleep. "Well... I'm not leaving." This is so unnecessary...

Let them take care of it... don't need your temper involved.

Whatever...